*Houston GTG June 3-6, 2010*

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll even toss this in......the first 20 peeps to show up, get one of Liz's goodie bags. And Liz gives good goodie bags.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Wasn't Mountasia located on 59 near Kingwood previously? I think I remember going there when I was like 13 haha

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes it was. The only location is the one off 249 and 1960 that I'm aware of.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what night will see the most attendance from members of this site. I will actually be in the north and I don't want to miss any members that might not want to travel too far from home. I would plan to make one of the more southern meets (Coffee and Cars) if necessary or Mountasia and I may make another one (Niftee50ees, Phils or both) in the NW since I will already be up there.

Liz, have you gotten any solid responses? Just curious.

Last edited:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No Tanner, I've gotten no response as of this morning.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
I will be able to make cars & coffee, and I am a maybe for nifty 50ties
Can't get away this evening

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the RSVP, fhlh.

Kid and I may just end up going to see "Shrek 4" tonight instead of Mountasia, since the weather is already looking sketchy. And we've been really wanting to see that movie. Does that sound any more appealing to the rest of you vs the game place?

luckyone

Reaction score
I wanted to do something. But if your going to the movies tonight, pick a meet spot and we can all roll down to coffee and cars together. Would look cool to have a big row of s197's there.

And shrek 4 was the best of the series. I took my kids last weekend.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Movies was the backup if nobody shows up at Mountasia at 7pm.

Coffee and Cars meet up spot - Starbucks on Spring Cypress/Niftee 50ees parking lot at 7:15am Saturday. Departing at 7:20am. Hopefully everyone has an EZ Tag.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, the kid and I will be at Mountasia at 7pm. If no one shows, there's a 7:20 'Shrek 4' at Movie Tavern she wants to see, so we'll head there.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Cars and Coffee was fun time... Good to finally meet Liz.

Here is a shot of Liz, my friends 88LX and my 09GOGT.

90f970e2.jpg

Here are a few of the other cars out there... allot more crazy exotics than just these.

f31ddfd2.jpg

b6269e01.jpg

7fcc7292.jpg

cb19f331.jpg

2011 5.0
269adb54.jpg

473983c1.jpg

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice to finally meet you too, Jason. Oh damn and I forgot all about the goodie bags too...well if you make it to Niftee 50ees tonight, I'll be sure to bring them there.

Coffee and Cars always has lots of eye candy and things that make you feel happy in your special happy place....too bad the rest of you missed it!

PS yes, still planning on Niftee 50ees....come early (like by 5pm) to park in front of Starbucks or to be able to park at all. Later (by 7pm) we may be doing a little something something else.....cruise to Kemah anyone??

Last edited:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I live out in the sticks NE of town, however about 25 mins from Baytown. Need to set up a HRP (or if want to make multiple passes, hmp 1/8th mile) trip.

Do they still have the rather large car meet in Kemah during the weekends?

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no idea.....went to the Kemah meet at the local Target/Home Depot/Chick-Fil-A lot and had Chick-Fil-A for dinner. Kemah is a bit way south for us (about 50 miles).

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I live out in the sticks NE of town, however about 25 mins from Baytown. Need to set up a HRP (or if want to make multiple passes, hmp 1/8th mile) trip.
We made multiple passes last night at HRP. No problem and no waiting either. Took our time to cool the car off then Kyle rolled through the lanes and right into line under the tower. Easy night. Had the usual dipshits of course but overall rather interesting. Besides the 6,794 motorcycles that showed up there were three seriously fast diesel trucks running. Slowest was an older "Lil' Red Express" Dodge with a Cummins conversion, ladder bar rear end, and 30x13 slicks. He had to lift just to get the transmission into high gear then hit it again. Ran 11.20's at 128 mph. Supercharged C6 Vette out there too. Bogged the hell out of it then it got small in a hurry. 11.10 at 136 mph. Few Mustangs showed. VaginoHoe had his new "double-throwdown-killer-badass" engine back in the car but was having problems. First pass he blew the tires off of it, lifted, hit it again and ran 10.3-something at 133 mph. The rest were all 10.40's. Kyle ran a best of 11.97. Air wasn't worth a shit. 85 degrees and almost 90% humidity.

Oh...and I wouldn't go to HMP on a fuckin' bet.

They still have a Tookie's in Kemah? I used to love those fuckin' burgers.
Now that you mention it....I haven't been across the bridge since the hurricane. I need to go down there and find out.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cruise is still on for today at 1pm, leaving no later than 1:15pm from the Niftee 50ees Starbucks parking lot. Text me if you need directions 832 253 5275. Cruise will be finished by 5pm (Mal and I already have dinner plans).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back