How bad will cams affect my gas mileage?!?!?

07AlloyMustang GT

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2007 mustang gt and I was thinking about putting my cams in my car b.c they have just been sitting around my house the only thing I was worried about is how bad it would affect my gas mileage...they are stage II vsr comp cams... If anyone knows how bad it would affect my cars gas milage let me' know cause this is still going to be my everyday driver...let me' know your opinions on what I should do?! Thanks!

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
I have cams on my DD....but then again I could car less about gas mileage....I always look at it like there is a trade off...less mpg...more power.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
MPG?!?!?!?! more like GPM
heh.gif
lol!!

Last edited:

101fng

forum member
Reaction score
you already bought cams and you're not 100% sure if you want to install them?

my guess is that you have enough money to offset your losses at the pump

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 15.6 mpg. I don't really beat on the car either. These are with mutha thumprs.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
I'm running SPR Stage 2 cams (which is a little more cam than the VSRs) and I'm getting 17/25 mpgs.

me too, i got almost full bolt ons with the 127500s and yesterday on the highway in cruise control from MD to NJ i managed 20.9MPG the entire way.

Alls depends on you and your foot OP.

b00stedgt

Reaction score
If a loss in MPGs is going to cause you not to enjoy this mod then dont do it

07AlloyMustang GT

Reaction score
I think you guys sold me' on putting them in...the only reason I was debating it alot is cause I do so much driving everyday but to have those cams in my car I feel that it would be worth spending a few more bucks on gas... And better yet ill just try and keep my foot off the gas...which will be hard lol but thanks again guys!

08BlackGT

Reaction score
I lost ~1 MPG on the highway and ~2 MPG in the city... so I have been getting 15/23 after the cams.

It is definitely my most favorite mod. Do IT!

whitedealer07

Finally BOOSTED!!
Reaction score
Getting 23 mpg with Detroit Rocker cams, 3.31 gears, Pypes LT headers, C&L intake and BAMA 93 Race tune car is my DD and going about 80 miles a day

martinr69

Reaction score
Umm mine is a DD and I get pretty good gas miles with it. But when you start getting into it yes you will see your gas go down... just think of all the heads you will turn at the light, plus the thumbs up you will get as well

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
I get around 15.5-16.5 in the city depending on my foot

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back