How many miles before cleaning cone style CAI filter

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also I was told by a Ford service advisor/writer that too if there is too much oil left in the filter, after cleaning, could trash the MAF sensor.....how much is too much

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I try to do mine every six months. I don't know if that's excessive or not.

Yes, you can absolutely have too much oil on the filter. I usually put a light coat on. Let it sit for a while and see where I need more. Then apply another light coat. It's always worked for me that way.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and also want to say "God I love this place."

Last edited by a moderator:

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the conical filter off of my C&L: what is the best way to clean it and where do you get the oil??

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have the conical filter off of my C&L: what is the best way to clean it and where do you get the oil??
I bought one of the K&N recharge kits, which comes with the cleaner and the oil. The instructions were pretty clear... I just followed them.

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought one of the K&N recharge kits, which comes with the cleaner and the oil. The instructions were pretty clear... I just followed them.
get that on line or any local parts store that sell K+N right??

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A new filter can not be too much and I know the MAF sensor is at least 3 to 4 hundred bucks. I believe I will just buy a new one.....I know that sounds crazy but I would rather be safe with 20-30 bucks less in my pocket, than 3 or 4 hundred less in my pocket........call me crazy

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
New filters may be as much as 50-60 bucks (or more), depending on the style and where you get it.

matt texass

Reaction score
ive done mine like everybody else here and no problems so far, its actually time to clean it again

Q

qwkcoupe

Definitly keep it easy with the oil.. just enough, not dripping!!.

BTW, I use brake clean to clean any dirty MAF sensor I find on various cars I've owned... Anyone have any beef with that?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back