how much do used 3v w/ transmissions go for?

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
my father and i are building a foxbody and we are looking to do a 3v with a auto swap and and we are wondering how much they go for? preferably lower milage. under 60k.

We are going to twin turbo it to get it around 500rwhp. Its going to be a show car/burnout car so high hp doesnt need to be there, just look good.

We'd love a lopey cam but i dont think we can pair something as lopey as a mutha thumpr cam with a turbo setup can we?

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
id say 3-500 depending on exact mileage

edit- misread, i was talking just trans

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my father and i are building a foxbody and we are looking to do a 3v with a auto swap and and we are wondering how much they go for? preferably lower milage. under 60k.

We are going to twin turbo it to get it around 500rwhp. Its going to be a show car/burnout car so high hp doesnt need to be there, just look good.

We'd love a lopey cam but i dont think we can pair something as lopey as a mutha thumpr cam with a turbo setup can we?
If you're only looking for 500 hp you can run as lopey of a cam as you want. For a decent running 3v engine I would expect to pay around $1000, any less cost would most likely be a rebuild project. If you're going for looks, get a new 5.0 engine like this one. http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95688

Earl

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
sorry i misread the title, i thought he was just looking for trans price.

3k sounds about right for one around me with decently low mileage. oddly alot of the salvage places seem to price them cheaper if you buy just the engine or trans seperately.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back