How Much is TOO MUCH on 3V

007SHELBYGT

Reaction score
:omfg: Ok so we are nearing spring here i have sht load of parts in boxes from last year and a forged long block with ported heads and cams 127550 comps for my 3 v shelby gt ...AS it sits it making a consistent 488 to the wheels on 10.5-11psi with a vortech v3 and 410s with a catless x and stock everything else ...its going in to the mustang shop tomorrow ..I was going to put my 8 rib 3.47 2psi more pulley set up on for better blower belt traction and a touch more power as the 6 rib is inconsistant ...while i was at it i have 60lb injectors and a gt 500 fuel system ...i was also going to put 3.55 gears back in as 4.10s suck for daily use and have no top end Next a new aluminum fly wheel and spec 2 clutch ...if it makes 520rwhp it will be like riding a grenade with the pin pulled ..but at least it will be ready for the new motor if duty calls for it ...IS THERE ANY CHANCE IT WILL LIVE THROUGH THE SUMMER WITH A GOOD TUNE A/F around 11.6 should i do it or leave it alone ..this will cost me 2200...to do the motor install now would cost 4k i dont have that yet so would i be stupid to pull the trigger on that set up ....

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I peak at 12 lbs. of boost with meth and have have had no problems..Yes, its all in the tune, or lack there of..

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Avoid spec clutches, especialy the stage 2.

Get some longtubes.

Its a raffle wether it will live or not.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I made 569/489 for a year on my stock engine at 15lbs of boost and I drove it hard. AF at 11.8-12.0 and the timing at 16.5 on premium fuel.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Did it let go or did you go forged before it had a chance?

wow, lol.

I witnessed this car lay down stripes in 3rd gear on the freeway and being powershifted within an inch of its life. I was also there at the dyno where it made that much power after a lot of drag strip passes. He should have his stock long block bronzed!

And OP the tune is everything at those power levels, but it could go at any time so its something to keep in mind.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I made 569/489 for a year on my stock engine at 15lbs of boost and I drove it hard. AF at 11.8-12.0 and the timing at 16.5 on premium fuel.

You should tell them what it made when you were just seeing what it would make.

For anyone reading this the 569 was a detune. D series prochargers are badass.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
No it never broke. I just figured I was on borrowed time. It is getting forged and should be running again this month.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say you're already in the danger zone and it's highly questionable whether you will make it through the summer as is. Wait to put the motor in and save that stock shortblock...it's a Shelby man.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I'd say you're already in the danger zone and it's highly questionable whether you will make it through the summer as is. Wait to put the motor in and save that stock shortblock...it's a Shelby man.

Good advise! No sense in pushing it unless you don't care if you find the limits.

You should tell them what it made when you were just seeing what it would make.

For anyone reading this the 569 was a detune. D series prochargers are badass.

It made 604whp at 6800 RPMs at 16 lbs with Hot Rod cams.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Good advise! No sense in pushing it unless you don't care if you find the limits.

It made 604whp at 6800 RPMs at 16 lbs with Hot Rod cams.

That might be the record on stock internals an a Procharger!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
525 rwhp 501 rwtq on ~11 lbs of boost. Roush TVS including their GT500 TB and fuel pumps, 48/52 lb injectors, and fuel rails, Magnaflow Catback, O/R X, and dyno tuned by Justin @ VMP Tuning as far as performance mods. 6,500 RPM rev limiter. 93 octane. Daily driven. It'll be two years in a couple months that I've been running like this. The key is a good tune, good fuel, and smart maintenance and driving.

That's just nasty!! I think you're probably might have the highest rwhp on a stock block boosted car that wasn't owned by a shop. Did you DD your car during that time?

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
A centrifugal IMO is one of the reasons why his car lived at those elevated power levels, and a tuner that is very, very good.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
The type of supercharger is pretty debatable in my opinion. Granted he was making more rwhp with more boost. I'm still making a little bit shy of it, detuned, and running reliably. I agree completely about having a good tuner though because without one you're up the creek without a paddle..

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
525 rwhp 501 rwtq on ~11 lbs of boost. Roush TVS including their GT500 TB and fuel pumps, 48/52 lb injectors, and fuel rails, Magnaflow Catback, O/R X, and dyno tuned by Justin @ VMP Tuning as far as performance mods. 6,500 RPM rev limiter. 93 octane. Daily driven. It'll be two years in a couple months that I've been running like this. The key is a good tune, good fuel, and smart maintenance and driving.

That's just nasty!! I think you're probably might have the highest rwhp on a stock block boosted car that wasn't owned by a shop. Did you DD your car during that time?

No it wasn't a daily driver. I bought the car new in Dec of 08 and it now it has 13,000 miles on it. I probably have 3,000-4,000 miles on it with the Procharger at that power level. I drove the car hard on the street, drag raced or road raced it just about every weekend. I also got into a race going across Montana once. Had it topped out in 5th gear. Very surprised that it held up with a sustained high gear pull. If it would have pushed the rods out at that speed . . . . . not good! I figured driven a blown alcohol altered was good training for driving through your own oil at 180mph.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
wait and put it all on together dont spend money twice right.... as for the spec stage 2 i have this junk in my car and i wouldnt put another spec anywhere near my car or anyone elses

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
why trash the entire motor along with other parts that you may have to buy later. not smart but after all its your car and decision GL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back