How much longer do I have lol (cam code)

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You would think with the 874 different "P0340" threads on here and 99% of them being caused by bad alternators, that he would have started out by having the alternator tested.

Just sayin...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Lmao I just wanted to be sure plus if it is the alternator now I have cam sensors for the motor I am building... So it's not a big deal need to get them either way...

T.Rines80

forum member
Reaction score
My car flashed that code one time right after a cam install. I cleared the codes and they haven't come back. There is still something wrong with mine though. From around 2000-3200rpm it feels like the engine is being choked.

bluezilla

Reaction score
My 2006 GT last night gave me a check charging system warning and the battery light came on for about 20 min and then went off. This morning I checked the voltage on the battery at idle just after starting and was reading 14.15v. Then it threw a code and it was the dreaded P0340. So off to Google I go and I find hundreds of pages suggesting bad alternator. This sucks since I am only one day past dropping $1500 into the trans after I lost 3rd gear. I saw the ebay alternator in this thread. What are other alternatives to the 350 dollar performance units??

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Once you start getting the P0340 code daily, you have about a week. When you are getting close, you can turn on your lights, and when you roll up the windows you can see the lights dim significantly. When that happens, drive it home while you still can.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Once you start getting the P0340 code daily, you have about a week. When you are getting close, you can turn on your lights, and when you roll up the windows you can see the lights dim significantly. When that happens, drive it home while you still can.

Oooooo It does that!!! lol

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Get ready for some of this

istockphoto_5866456-businessman-pushing-a-car.jpg

:roflmao:

GTStang_08

Reaction score
I am also having a similar issue (after cam install), but mine is throwing p0345. Drives like shit. Alternator was tested and showed it was bad so, I replaced that. Next day, car wouldn't start and it happened to be a bad battery, so I replaced that. BUT still have the code. However, one of the wires is damaged (didn't notice that originally) but it will be fixed tomorrow, which will hopefully end the p0345 code. Unfortunately, sometimes you get hit with more than one problem at a time :mad2:

jdebs

forum member
Reaction score
im throwing both codes but haven't had time to get the sensors replaced. its been about a month driving with it. its not really affecting my car in anyway. so hopefully its just the sensors instead of alternator.

T

Top00Cat

ever get this fixed? my car will sometimes act the same way you described (randomly falls on its face) but I do not get any codes.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Just had to pull the transmission... Had my tr3650 built so it comes wednesday and I am waiting on a clutch from RAM.... So I will probably deal with this over the winter lol...

cobrasrslow60

forum member
Reaction score
I just changed over my valve covers the last night then today i got this code... I had it a few months ago replaced the alternator and was done with it.. but is there a coincidence that changing the valve covers and getting this code right after? any thoughts?

** when I clear the code and start the car and drive it it stays away. if I turn the car off and start it back up again it comes on right away. every time... ***

** I did fry the engine 2 fuse when I grounded out a wire by accident. Figured I should mention that as well**

Last edited:

cobrasrslow60

forum member
Reaction score
and would this code if it is beyond the alternator issue be for the drivers or passenger side of the motor?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back