How much nitrous

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think so but I have no dyno #'s or track times to back that statement up.

I have the brisk plugs in mine and when running them on the same NA tune I had prior to the Nitrous I can tell no difference at all in the butt dyno. Mine are gapped to .033.

I can say that I logged the car before and after the brisk plugs with the same TORQ tune and had absolutely zero knock either way.

Your from Tyler!!! Im 45 mind away lol

Find me on facebook ill add you to our local cars group look for justin davis

And what shot are you sprayin? Did you pull timing from your hanheld

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Isn't it all the same ? Turn it up until you smell coolant, then back it down a touch ?
Sorry, it's late lol

Nitro Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Do running colder plugs.make.you.lose power when your not spraying?
If no timing is pulled just colder plugs

If the car is propery tuned the car shoudl not be afected much by a step or two colder plug. On a dyno I have seen a small hp loss before. We are talking like 5 to 10 hp which could also be heat soak or the way the car is pulled.

Dave

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Your from Tyler!!! Im 45 mind away lol

Find me on facebook ill add you to our local cars group look for justin davis

And what shot are you sprayin? Did you pull timing from your hanheld

Will do, thanks man.

Haven't sprayed yet, waiting on tune revision. I'll keep pills for a 100 shot installed once all is said and done.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Will do, thanks man.

Haven't sprayed yet, waiting on tune revision. I'll keep pills for a 100 shot installed once all is said and done.

should see the power difference between 100 and 150 ;)

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Well I finally sprayed the thing tonight. The TORQ tune is SPOT on, lambda and timing are perfect and...ZERO knock on or off of the spray.

I started off with the 50 shot and was a little disappointed. It made me realize just how damn fast this car already is when a 50 RWHP increase doesn't do much for you :) I went right on up to the tune for the 100 shot and swapped the pills out. DAMN! This shit is addictive!! That was my first go round in a nitrous fed vehicle, I'm hooked.

I also remembered I had the progressive controller set to spray 60% for the fist 2 seconds. I changed that so that I had all 100% immediately when at WOT and within my window. I got up to speed and let her rip in third and that was a HUGE difference. I'd imagine if I had the 50 shot back in and changed the controller in the same manner so I had all the spray immediately it would have been a bigger difference.

Of course there is really no reason to drop back down to anything less than a 100 shot now :)

All in all I'm happy. Nitrous Outlet kit is top notch and their service is even better. HUGE thanks to both Chris at Nitrous Outlet and Paul at TORQ for making these absolutely flawless tunes!

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm going to try and get on a dyno this weekend and have some empirical numbers for you guys.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
50 shot on mine got me 11.3 @ 121mph, maybe it was the controller, I got a tune for a 100 shot, so I cant wait for that lol

So to the guy asking, 50 shot is good with NO tune required at least it was in my case...

Oh, and I'm going to try and get on a dyno this weekend and have some empirical numbers for you guys.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
50 shot on mine got me 11.3 @ 121mph, maybe it was the controller, I got a tune for a 100 shot, so I cant wait for that lol

So to the guy asking, 50 shot is good with NO tune required at least it was in my case...

Wow, 125 shot got me 11.3 @ 120

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back