How much nitrous

Trymygt

Reaction score
I have a 2011 GT wit a 150 shot on it cai and 355 gear on my stock tires the car wit 11.6 and 125 it was tune by alternative performance i plan on taking it to brenspeed let them retune the car but i was wondering does anyone know how much you can spray at this new 5 liter motor and still get atleat 3 summers out of it? I also plan on goin back to a 315 gear. and will the car run better on 18's or 20's?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, considering the fact that the new Coyote motor hasn't even been out for three summers yet, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no."

five0three

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 GT with a 150 shot, cai and 355 gears installed. I am still using my stock tires. The car ran an 11.6 1/4 with a 125 MPH trap.

It was tuned by alternative performance. I plan on taking it to brenspeed let them re-tune the car. I was wondering, does anyone know how much nitrous this new 5 liter motor can handle? I want my car to last at least 3 years.

I also plan on going back to a 315 gear. Will the car run better on 18" or 20" wheels?
Well, it took me about 15 minutes to un-fuck this post to the point that i could understand what the hell you were talking about.

I know just enough about nitrous to be dangerous, so i cannot provide any real insight on how much nitrous would blow a motor in 3 years. What I do want to ask is this; Why would you accept any sort of modification that would blow your motor in 3 years?

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
i'd get some 15" wheels like bogarts or other, see your time go way down. people are getting 11.6@118 so there is a lot left in it.

your 18" wheels should give you the best times with equal tires on both sets. Usually they are lighter (but not always, extreme case really heavy 18s and light weight 20s, same revs per mile on the tires on each)

I'd expect with your 150 shot you could blow it at anytime, hell with just a tune people are screwing up their engines (rarely). if you NEED it to last 3 years then i'd return it to stock, if you'd just prefer it last and you can afford a new engine if you need it than i'd just continue with the 150.

I dunno why you'd want to go from 3.55s to 3.15s though, especially if your goal is best 1/4 mile times, if anything go u p to 3.73 or 4.10 :D

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
What nitrous jets do you have installed? That'll give a better idea on what shot you are actually spraying as some companies (such as ZEX) rate their kits at the flywheel while others (nx/nitrous outlet) rate at the wheels.

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
if your going NOS make sure you buy a clutch too cuz the stocker is about as good as dead

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I got 17" bullits(100 a piece from american racing) and some et streets. I'd go that route for track tires that are cheap investment. You have a lot better times in it with some tire. if you don't spray every day and go crazy with it, it will probably last a while. Everything in moderation.

Coyotetivct

Reaction score
150 is the max you should really jet with the single nozzle because of distribution reasons. I would leave the 3.55's in and go with a 28 inch slick, this would make the gear more like a 3.31! Also run 110 to be on the safe side. You will go 10's!

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
I have a 2011 GT wit a 150 shot on it cai and 355 gear on my stock tires the car wit 11.6 and 125 it was tune by alternative performance i plan on taking it to brenspeed let them retune the car but i was wondering does anyone know how much you can spray at this new 5 liter motor and still get atleat 3 summers out of it? I also plan on goin back to a 315 gear. and will the car run better on 18's or 20's?

punctuation.jpg

trolls56

Reaction score
Nitrous is something that if you have to ask how much. You probably have to much of it and are just on barrowed time before it blows up.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
Are you guys switching plugs for a 100shot? If so what are you guys using? Can u use tr6?

Alao my kit has two options for a100shot, one with 45 psi fuel, and one for 55psifuel,which one is better

Ill be running a nitrous outlet kit

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
Are stock plugs good enough for a hundred or do I need to get new ones if so which ones

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I imagine the stock ones would be okay though I have brisk plugs thanks to JPC Racing.

I could be wrong on my part number but I think they are RR14s which is 1 step colder (I will check this later this evening)

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
I imagine the stock ones would be okay though I have brisk plugs thanks to JPC Racing.

I could be wrong on my part number but I think they are RR14s which is 1 step colder (I will check this later this evening)

Thanks for the help man, are they gapped to stock specs?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back