How much will it squat?

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I installed some Nitto drag radials against my better judgement. They are 315/35-20 on 20x10 with a 38mm offset. Obviously the offset is keeping them from sitting inside the fenderwells. I also have Eibach Prokit springs. Right now I have about 1.25" between the tires and fenderwells. Any idea if they will hit on the street(bumps) or on the track?

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
If you dont have any LCA's or UCA, I'd say they would hit at the track. I remember mine on stock springs and DR's would really squat. With the setup i have now, there is almost no squat.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I was smashing my rear bump stops when my rear suspension had rod/poly LCA's, rod UCA, stock shocks and springs and 28" tall M&H DR's. All it took to stop the crazy squat was some LCA relocation brackets.

I guess it also depends on how hard your car launches at the track as well. I finally hooked my TMAP sensor from my e-force supercharger into my SCT device to datalog and found that when launching off the 2-step I'm leaving the line at just shy of 10psi of boost.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I have relocation brackets and lca's. Anybody have pics of how their car sits?

Thanks

I adjusted the panhard rod to at least get them equal on both sides. Went for a test ride and no rubbing...yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

plated

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
i wa running them took them off car road like shit and rubbed on the highway when you hit a dip all aound bad decision and didn't work for me,hopefully goes better for you than me

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
i wa running them took them off car road like shit and rubbed on the highway when you hit a dip all aound bad decision and didn't work for me,hopefully goes better for you than me

What tire/rim/springs were you running?

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't run the nittos. I did run a 275/60-15 and had no issues.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
I was smashing my rear bump stops when my rear suspension had rod/poly LCA's, rod UCA, stock shocks and springs and 28" tall M&H DR's. All it took to stop the crazy squat was some LCA relocation brackets.

I guess it also depends on how hard your car launches at the track as well. I finally hooked my TMAP sensor from my e-force supercharger into my SCT device to datalog and found that when launching off the 2-step I'm leaving the line at just shy of 10psi of boost.

I was wondering about that. I have an two step but I haven't used it at the track with the Kenne Bell. I remember using it to build boost with the turbo. I assumed it would do the same with the KB.

Getting a new mid pipe this winter and tossing the cats. 2 step for next season.

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
I did. Between my clutch going out, a bad trac-loc(never happened on the street), too tall of a tire and no-2 step...it was just a baseline. I will be ready for next year.

That sucks. I have a few changes to correct as well and am looking forward to next year. I'll let you know on the next track rental when John and I go.

CtRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Thundr306 ....... What kind of tires were those 275 x 60 x 15's ? What rims did you run them on ?

:thumb:

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks. I have a few changes to correct as well and am looking forward to next year. I'll let you know on the next track rental when John and I go.

This was a quick last minute trip just to get a feel for the car and get a baseline. Definately let me know, I'll be ready.

Thundr306 ....... What kind of tires were those 275 x 60 x 15's ? What rims did you run them on ?

:thumb:

Et Street Radials on 15x10 Racestars

CtRoush

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks thats what I"m looking at from Brenspeed when I the $$ together .... Sounds like a good combo ...

CtRoush

forum member
Reaction score
The wheels ? Why did u go bigger ? Do you have spacers etc ? Do you have fronts also ?

thx

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
The wheels ? Why did u go bigger ? Do you have spacers etc ? Do you have fronts also ?

thx

I would probably sell everything...front, rears, tires, lugs, hubcentric spacers. These rims don't need spacers to fit a s197. You would need swaybar relocation brackets for the rear.

Only reason that I am considering it is that I need a new clutch and I want to go with a twin disc. I could also use a new fuel system. I won't ship them so, I may not find a local buyer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back