How to seal up after removing PCV?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Running a stock system or a closed system with a catch can still will introduce unwanted stuff into your cylinders.

Not necessarily, It depends on the design of the catch can.. After trying out 2 different designs, I switched over to UPR.. Since making the switch, I discovered the UPR 4 chamber catch can does the best job of keeping crankcase oil vapors from entering the intake manifold..

How I know it works.. It's 4 chamber filter design and SS mesh trap the oil vapors and prevent them from reaching the PCV barb connectors at the intake manifold.. After checking the PCV hose connectors at the intake manifold approx 3 times during the past 7 months, there has been no crankcase vapor oil getting past the PCV connectors at the intake manifold whatsoever..

Prior to switching to the UPR catch can, I was using the Bob's autosports catch can which is similar to Moroso's filtering design.. I also didn't have any complaints with the Bob's can, as it was also very effective in keeping crankcase vapor oil from reaching the PCV hose connectors at the intake manifold as well.. The only drawbacks I didn't like about the Bob's can is finding an ideal location for remote mounting that didn't require drilling holes into the firewall and having to drain the can more often compared to my UPR catch can.. Other than that, I would highly rate the Bob's can just as effective as the 4 chamber UPR can..

However I would definitely not recommend the JLT oil separator, as I found it's filtering design as very poor and despite the fact that the can itself did capture some oil, vapor oil still managed to get past the can's small filter screen and past the PCV hose connectors at the intake manifold..

Needless to say, I returned the JLT separator and was issued a refund and then made the switch to the Bob's and UPR catch cans in which there hasn't been any regrets since..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back