How to tell which package I have?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
People still use CD's? I can't even remember seeing if my 2011 had a disc tray Lol!

yes sir! i use mine simply coz i don't want to fuck around with my phone to play mp3s while i'm drivin. i got the 5 disc changer so that's a plus.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but on 2010+ I've never seen a base car with leather seats, and a non-track pack car have Brembo's roll off the assembly line like so. I'm 99.9% neither of those where options to select individually unless aftermarket or dealer add on. I'd like to see a window sticker note some of these "individual options".

Couple things, having brembos doesn't mean it was a track pack, nor does 3.73 rear gear. Both of those were available as individual options. Also, leather seats were an option on base cars so leather does not automatically mean premium, thoigh in my searches very few base cars had leather seats.

And I still believe the mt82 is not an "inferior" transmission, it's just different than previous mustang transmissions. It requires more finesse, you can't just hammer the shifter with hulk hands like most of the tremec boxes before it. I've owned mustangs with every manual trans since the t5, and can say the mt82 took some getting used to. I will agree it definitely needs a good shifter, and clutch line upgrade, but the trans itself is solid in my opinion. I've put almost 20k hard miles on mine (up to 62k total on it now) with race spec and clutch line and the only issue I've seen is the cold gear clash, but most of the manual transmissions I've owned do this. Just drive it sanely until it warms up. You don't beat on your engine cold do you? Trans just takes longer to warm up, as it doesn't have combustion going on inside it.

Last edited:

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but on 2010+ I've never seen a base car with leather seats, and a non-track pack car have Brembo's roll off the assembly line like so. I'm 99.9% neither of those where options to select individually unless aftermarket or dealer add on. I'd like to see a window sticker note some of these "individual options".

I test drove two base models with leather seats, one had the original window sticker which listed the leather seats as an option. They had no my color, non leather steering wheel, etc. The brembos option I'm pretty sure about but not 100%

Edit:
Here is one showing Brembo brake package as an individual option
2012MustangWindowSticker_resize.jpg

Last edited:

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I test drove two base models with leather seats, one had the original window sticker which listed the leather seats as an option. They had no my color, non leather steering wheel, etc. The brembos option I'm pretty sure about but not 100%

Edit:
Here is one showing Brembo brake package as an individual option
2012MustangWindowSticker_resize.jpg

Ahh, I see now. After reading I figured out there never was a Track Pack for '11 to '12 MY anyway. '13 MY was the first to offer Track Pack as a different upgrade over the Brembo option.

As for the leather seats in the base model though, that sounds like a dealer addon still to me though. Leather seats aren't an option for base GT's according to the brochure.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2012&postalCode=95608

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2013&postalCode=43566

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Just to throw this out there. My 3650 now has 174000 miles on it and the only reason it has any shifting issues is because when the stock clutch blew up at 154000 miles I was trying to power shift it and bent the shift fork. Needless to say it will not go into third without the right touch. P.s. It has seen many 1.5 60fts in the 100000+ miles I've owned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
People still use CD's? I can't even remember seeing if my 2011 had a disc tray Lol!
I have loads of cd's. So I stuff in all sorts of stuff. This week it's Uriah heep + REO speedwagon + deep purple + cheap trick. Last week it was Joan jett + ozzy and some other crap.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I have loads of cd's. So I stuff in all sorts of stuff. This week it's Uriah heep + REO speedwagon + deep purple + cheap trick. Last week it was Joan jett + ozzy and some other crap.
I love Reo Speedwagon!

R.I.P. Gary Richrath.:rockon:

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
What is this plastic rattle shit in 05-09's ? My 07 does not rattle and that's with the stiff suspension.

mike4.0

Reaction score
Odd time have a little rattle in the dash gauge cover piece but that's it and very quiet (2006) otherwise she's quiet :S

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back