HPP Motorsports has a turbo kit now

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know a lot of the details but I saw it last Monday while having some work done on my car.

They mocked it up in house, used a 61mm turbo. No idea on pricing or anything else. All I do know is that Manny said it is only about an 8 hour install, and it made 370/410 on 9 psi!

I am trying to get Wade to friggin log in and post some info about it.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow, nice numbers on a 4.0

-Wade-

Reaction score
Ok Mr. Turdman, here ya go...

The kit features the stock cast manifolds. This is the VERY best option for longevity and durability of headers. As any turbo company will tell you, the headers of any turbo kit are the first thing to flex and crack. (of course depending on how the turbo is mounted in conjunction with the motor and how it moves/flexes)

This kit was designed, manufactured, and tested completely in house. The only thing we didn't do was the ceramic coating.:clap:

The kit features a Precision 61mm turbo in the base kit. With the large displacement (for a v6) we spec'd out a turbo rated at 650 fwhp while having an incredible spool time. This turbo has not let us down. I drove the car personally and boost is basically instant. I have driven numerous twin turbo 4.6-5.0 based cars featuring the same style turbo and this thing is like a go kart on steroids! This turbo has the Precision "S" cover which is a 4" inlet and 2.5" discharge. In our experience, this cover can make just as much if not more of a spool differance than different A/R's on the exhaust side.

For a stock motor this turbo is perfect with the instant spool. For you "racers" that are wanting more spool and more topend, the kit can utilize up to a 76mm turbo! Thats right, a turbo kit that can support 1000 fwhp.

For the general FAQ's, I hope these help.

1. As with other HPP Kits, there is NO loss is ground clearance. Everything is above the K-Member.

2. The kit offers a bar and plate vertical flow intercooler that is capable of supporting 1000 fwhp+

3. The standard kit is ceramic coated mild steel but can be produced in Stainless for an added charge.

4. The oil filter stays in the stock location and is still accessable even with the added piping.

5. The flanges are a standard t4 for the hotside and uses all V-Band connections. (except for the stock manifolds)

6. The wastegate is recirculated in the 3" downpipe for a quiet ride while retaining all avalible power.

7. The cold side come standard with polished aluminum, not only does this help with weight savings and IAT's, it looks great!

8. High temp silicone (no cheap rubber) is used, as well as T-Bolt clamps standard.

9. A Turbosmart Wastegate and Blow Off Valve are used. No cheap plastic bypasses, or "ebay" wastegates.

10. All products besides the BOV and Wastegate (Australia) are manufactured right here in good ol' Texas. Or USA, whichever you prefer.:beer:

11. The kit can also be made for your stock exhaust or an aftermarket "dual" system. We can also incude a cutout for added power and sound.

12. This kit will be sold as a tuner kit OR a complete kit. If you want to purchase your injectors/fuel/tuning seperately that is perfectly ok. If you want a 100% kit with every nut and bolt, that is avalible as well.

The test car is a 100% stock motor (valvetrain/pistons/rods/crank/heads) vehicle. We have upgraded the fuel, clutch, driveshaft, suspension, and spark plugs. All of which are request of our customer wanting to make BIG power.

Pictures, more info, and pricing to come.

-Wade

xtreme02gt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know a lot of the details but I saw it last Monday while having some work done on my car.

They mocked it up in house, used a 61mm turbo. No idea on pricing or anything else. All I do know is that Manny said it is only about an 8 hour install, and it made 370/410 on 9 psi!

I am trying to get Wade to friggin log in and post some info about it.

Hell, I was up there last Tuesday, getting my car tuned. I guess we just missed one another :beer:

-Wade-

Reaction score
picture1078kd3.jpg

picture1079sp3.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice. Do yall have a kit for the GT?

I can be your test car if you want. haha

don't say that too loud ;) Actually there is a Bullet sitting out there getting a turbo put on. Not sure if it is a HPP fabbed up kit or someone elses,

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back