Hydraulic throwout misery 2016

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
When Ford stops putting the 5.0 in trucks I'm going to make sure to grab a low mileage pull out before they're all gone, put it in the corner of the garage. As long as it's there, as a warning, the 3V will endure.

Brick

forum member
Reaction score
Like Bruce, I also decided to play it safe and ordered the 05-09 OEM slave cylinder from Ford for an upcoming T56 swap later this year. As I'm sitting here comparing mine to the pictures of the Exedy one Dylan had, they look almost identical. Mine is also marked "FTE DE" and "UR03". The only difference I can see is that my OEM one has the Ford logo and part number cast into the base also.

If I ever need to replace it, I think I'll go Exedy or Dorman next time and save a few dollars.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
rumor has it that parts that fall out of a specific tolerance range just get sold as aftermarket. The good ones go to OEM's. Just get one of the kids in china to sand off the "ford" logo.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
When Ford stops putting the 5.0 in trucks I'm going to make sure to grab a low mileage pull out before they're all gone, put it in the corner of the garage. As long as it's there, as a warning, the 3V will endure.

Make that 3V shape up or ship out!

Like Bruce, I also decided to play it safe and ordered the 05-09 OEM slave cylinder from Ford for an upcoming T56 swap later this year. As I'm sitting here comparing mine to the pictures of the Exedy one Dylan had, they look almost identical. Mine is also marked "FTE DE" and "UR03". The only difference I can see is that my OEM one has the Ford logo and part number cast into the base also.

If I ever need to replace it, I think I'll go Exedy or Dorman next time and save a few dollars.

You can also use a TOB for an MT82. They're only $100 vs the $240 for the 3V part number. I've been using the MT82 TOB for almost a month now and it's been great.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back