I am having a senior moment

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Been tinkering with the ride and for the life of me I cannot remember if the console lights are always on.

Ok, easy way.

Go start your car up and see if the lights for the HVAC, light up without the headlights on.

I started car today and these lights were on, but Cannot remember if they are supposed to be.

Yes, senior moment.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I just wired up my autometer gauges and tapped into the Blk/white wire for the dimmer and noticed this.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I must correct you sir.

I just went back over my gauges and one of them was crap and was causing a backfeed.

The lights should not be on without the headlights turned on.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Interesting. I just did the LED swap so I wonder why mine are lighting up now. I actually like it but I wonder if it's an issue...

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into this. Seems that the door lock and window switches stay on if you turn the headlight switch on...then back off.

When you say console lights...do you mean the info/reset hazard and a/c control panels?

RH

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
All figured out.

The door switches are always on, but the hvac, (my color buttons, hazards, tcs) are off when the car is running and only on when the headlights are turned on.

I couldn't remember if them being on was normal (long time not being in the car).

Like I said earlier, one of my aftermarket gauges was backfeeding through the illumination wire causing those lights to be on all the time.

I took out the offending gauge and all is good now.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'll have to look into this. Seems that the door lock and window switches stay on if you turn the headlight switch on...then back off.

When you say console lights...do you mean the info/reset hazard and a/c control panels?

RH

I was talking about the re-circulatory function and A/C light at the bottom of the stack.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back