I have found 15" drag rims that fit

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im talknig about the rears. they will not fit our rears without some sort of spacer. the diameter of the wheel is over half and inch too short and would need to change calipers or run some sort of spacer, putting the wheel on the outside of the fender, which is what most of us would liek to avoid

GI Joe

Reaction score
SD you will have to run a spacer on the rear...but its no big deal. All wheels have to have a spacer...Even the bogarts.....Its just that Dave Bogart welds them on so you dont have to keep up with them....but they have them front and rear...

I know a neat way to do it with long studs and keep your stocker looking stock too...Let me know if interested.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
im talknig about the rears. they will not fit our rears without some sort of spacer. the diameter of the wheel is over half and inch too short and would need to change calipers or run some sort of spacer, putting the wheel on the outside of the fender, which is what most of us would liek to avoid

Aaahhhh so. Why do I see Aerospace brakes in my future? Damn.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i went through the same thought process. but im trying to do this by spending less money, not more. the greg welds are the best bet right now for price and fitment

GI Joe

Reaction score
Of course I'm interested. Let me know!

put long studs on...
then buy adapter plates that have the studs in them[like the H&R] ( unless you can find the spacers big enough). Then knock the studs out of the adapter plate and you have a nice thick spacer with holes in it for your car. Use them with the wheels. On the stock ones, put the wheel on then an open acorn nut to secure the wheel and then run a chrome one down on top of that. Look at my 02 car with street wheels. You can't tell it has 3.5" long studs on the back

Last edited:

GI Joe

Reaction score
i went through the same thought process. but im trying to do this by spending less money, not more. the greg welds are the best bet right now for price and fitment

what kind of fitments do you know about? You got back spaces and all that info yet?

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
SD you will have to run a spacer on the rear...but its no big deal. All wheels have to have a spacer...Even the bogarts.....Its just that Dave Bogart welds them on so you dont have to keep up with them....but they have them front and rear...

I know a neat way to do it with long studs and keep your stocker looking stock too...Let me know if interested.

So, when did Rich change his name to Dave? :poke:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
suggestion....

I'm in on a Gregweld group buy !!!!!!

Let's hit 'em hard with a big order for the best price.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rims

I talked to Boyd at Greg Weld today.He confirmed the following for me.The Pro Lite series is in stock for our cars right now.He told me that no spacers are needed.He suggested that on the fronts to run a 17x4 & 1/2 & in the rear run a 17x9 & 1/2.He did not know about this site,he was going to check it out,another supporting vendor???

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I talked to Boyd at Greg Weld today.He confirmed the following for me.The Pro Lite series is in stock for our cars right now.He told me that no spacers are needed.He suggested that on the fronts to run a 17x4 & 1/2 & in the rear run a 17x9 & 1/2.He did not know about this site,he was going to check it out,another supporting vendor???
As in 17 x 4.5 and 17 x 9.5 ? (their weight is what? & The backspacing/offset is what?) I thought WE could get some nice 15"ers... What about that diameter? Did you ask?

Thank you for calling! Can you call them again? :)

yzfone

forum member
Reaction score
So the 15s don't fit? I think that is what most were hoping for, much better selection of drag tires.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rims

As in 17 x 4.5 and 17 x 9.5 ? (their weight is what? & The backspacing/offset is what?) I thought WE could get some nice 15"ers... What about that diameter? Did you ask?

Thank you for calling! Can you call them again? :)

As in 17x4.5 & 9.5 sorry old guy brainy no thinky sometimes,what can i say i am a tradesman.I did not ask those ??? Yeah i can call him Tuesday & will time permitting,customers get pissed when i am on there dime & call about drag racing parts,@ $90.00 per hour they get testy,i say look lady do you want the shit to flow into or out of your house!!!Now kiss my plumbers smile & get your check book!!! I need some go fast parts for my car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back