I have found 15" drag rims that fit

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
SD you will have to run a spacer on the rear...but its no big deal. All wheels have to have a spacer...Even the bogarts....
For the record, the 15x9 rear XPs do not need a spacer, just longer studs.

BTW, I'm very interested in this thread too... since my XPs are non-existent now. I was expecting to have to replace them with Bogarts, but I'd love to see a lower priced option.

LeftOvers

Reaction score
so with the 17s no wheel spacers? do you need longer studs or do they just bolt on?

GI Joe

Reaction score
spoke with Dyno Joe today. He is test fitting these wheels for Greg Weld and he said they will be 15 and they will be fitting and they will be a while yet...LOL
They are working an issue of relocation of the swaybar similar to the Bogart and hope to fix that issue...but as they currently stand they will fit if the relocation bracket is used....again working a revision on that trying to eliminate that issue...( I don't believe that can be fixed personally) Also the front will have spacers just like Bogart they will be welded on... ( I mean they are welded on the prototype wheel he is testing)

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see how you get around the relocation with a 15x10 - the LCA bracket on mine would hit even without the sway bar with bogarts...

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
spoke with Dyno Joe today. He is test fitting these wheels for Greg Weld and he said they will be 15 and they will be fitting and they will be a while yet...LOL

Awww hell. Joe? Can he read a tape measure? :poke: J/k Joe....don't get pissy.

Screw it. Time for Plan B.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Awww hell. Joe? Can he read a tape measure? :poke: J/k Joe....don't get pissy.

Screw it. Time for Plan B.

yea I just sold a set of like new Bogarts for $1300...I could not beleive it took that long to sell them. Anyway new set on the way.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any updates on these wheels?

I had a nice phone conversation a few weeks ago (2 - I think). I was told the ones I want (AND made to FIT our cars) that look like the dragstars, won't be out in 17" until July.... shit I said...

The ones Don likes are out now. They have all them round holes in them and look shitty.....

don_w

Reaction score
I had a nice phone conversation a few weeks ago (2 - I think). I was told the ones I want (AND made to FIT our cars) that look like the dragstars, won't be out in 17" until July.... shit I said...
OK, I don't get it. :screw: Why the big whoop over 17s???? I have 17s on the car now.... I sure as hell wouldn't pay a premium for another set of 17s.

This thread started off almost 10 weeks ago talking about a more affordable set of 15s. And so far... nada, zilch, zero, squat. IMO, that doesn't put GregWeld in too good of a light.

The ones Don likes are out now. They have all them round holes in them and look shitty.....
I agree the GregWeld Prolites look shitty. The holes aren't really round... they are more like smooth cornered rectangles. They remind me of hubcaps on late 60s Camaros.

I want something that looks like the Weld Draglites, and the Bogart Billet Lites are very close to them.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, I don't get it. :screw: Why the big whoop over 17s???? I have 17s on the car now.... I sure as hell wouldn't pay a premium for another set of 17s.

This thread started off almost 10 weeks ago talking about a more affordable set of 15s. And so far... nada, zilch, zero, squat. IMO, that doesn't put GregWeld in too good of a light.

I agree the GregWeld Prolites look shitty. The holes aren't really round... they are more like smooth cornered rectangles. They remind me of hubcaps on late 60s Camaros.

I want something that looks like the Weld Draglites, and the Bogart Billet Lites are very close to them.

exactly! AND when I was talking to him I kept saying that too.... It bugged him a little because he used to work for them he said... haha

heck, I don't care 15" or 17" or whatever. I want wide FULL meaty wheel and to clear the damn brakes BUT all I RELLY WANT it lightweight. I currently have the OEM 64w 18".

don_w

Reaction score
GregWeld Prolite

Prolite.jpg

1967 Camaro Rally Wheel

rally_red_line.jpg

don_w

Reaction score
exactly! AND when I was talking to him I kept saying that too.... It bugged him a little because he used to work for them he said... haha

heck, I don't care 15" or 17" or whatever. I want wide FULL meaty wheel and to clear the damn brakes BUT all I RELLY WANT it lightweight. I currently have the OEM 64w 18".
I just looked on GregWeld's site... no weights listed that I could see.

That's why I'm still leaning towards Bogart. They exist, they are light, and they are 15s. And I can also get a lighter 15" tire than I can 17" tire, with more sidewall.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish the 15x3.5 front skinnies were available now in a size that would fit the S197. The back wheels can wait a while...availability on this new brand is a bit confusing across forums and threads...

John

don_w

Reaction score
Thanks... looks like the 17x9.50s are 21.5 lbs. That's 50% more than the 15x10s (14.5 lbs)

I wish the 15x3.5 front skinnies were available now in a size that would fit the S197. The back wheels can wait a while...availability on this new brand is a bit confusing across forums and threads...

John
It's going to take some pretty clever engineering to make a 15x3.50 fit without a spacer or longer studs. I was running standard Weld Draglite 15x3.50s, and they cleared the calipers with longer studs, and 11/16" spacer.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
To hell with waiting on this guy. American Racing has these for the rear in 17x9.5 with a 7" back spacing........

And the original Weld company has the Alumastar in 17x4.5.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back