I made the cross over

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Well, after 28 years of having nothing but Mopars I finally bought a new 5.0 GT auto tonight. I have had everything from a 9 sec dodge Demon to my last car, an 09 Challenger Rt that ran 11.60's with 100 shot.

I knew I was picking up the car tonight so I ordered a set of 4:10 gears and once I got it home ordered a tuner and CAI.

Here is a couple of pic's of my new GT. First thing I did when I got home is bolt on the drag radials and take it for a spin. Wow...this car is strong.

I am taking it to Tristate Saturday for some stock times (with dr's of course). Then I will spend next week bolting on my new goodies once the little brown truck arrives.

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool!

I have a '67 Plymouth Valiant sitting in the garage I have yet to determine it's lot in life. :)

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on buying the best color!

You aren't gonna break the motor in much before you go lay down some rubber huh?

Thanks guys.

The motor should be good to go. My dealer had to bring the car into Cincy from Chicago today so it has 350 miles on it. By Saturday is will have 500.

Reaction score
Let me know how you like the 4:10's. I have a set sitting in my office i need to get installed and never really got around to it. Been second guessing myself on installing 3:73's...

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, I think you are going to love it!
Is it a base GT inside or did you get any options?

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
A little hard to tell by the pics but........are your D/R's on backwards?

They are on correctly now...but I rotate every 20 passes side to side anyhow. So far it has never made a difference. These are M&H 325/40 17s that I used on my challenger and to date have 120 passes and about 3000 miles. So they are about used up.

I bought a base model GT. This is going to be just a street/strip weekend car. Going with bolt ons and a ZEX kit. I should have everything put toegther fairly soon.

The 4.10s go in next week. I will let everyone know how it goes.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Which area are you from?

What rims did you mount the DRs on? I know I was highly impressed of what the 17" et streets that I ran did to my times in the sig ;)

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
OP is from Ohio. Lebanon Ford and Tristate are in southern Ohio. Congrats on the purchase.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Nice, welcome to the family! Picked up my 5.0 last saturday and out of the 5 ponys Ive owned this is by far the best....in and out.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Tony I live east of Cincy. My new 5.0 auto has just over 500 miles. I might make it to Tri State as well (Edgewater will be open and I've always ET'd there faster) maybe E20. If you see a Kona Blue 5.0 stop and say hello, the name is Dale.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back