idea's for forum

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i was just surfing the forum...like i do everyday and noticed we dont have a Car of the month for a while. I know everyone is busy and all but I had an idea, what if the car of the month was the car on the intro page where you select click here to enter? and maybe a link to a thread telling about that car? I think that would be cool (considering my car is not car of the month material but i would still enjoy seeing a new stang up there to get recognized)

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me as well. I would like to see COTM return, not sure where it went in the first place.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I like the idea too, it's nice to see a group of cars together and be able to vote for the one I like the most.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not trying to step on anyone's feet either...i know we are all busy and what not

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
maybe a group (counsel) should be in charge of the COTM. about 4 guys each different that just do all the leg work. Mods are busy as it is already, not saying we need permissions or anything, just a few guys that can get it started, manage it and what not.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
We actually used to have that but they stopped doing it awhile ago. I can't even remember the last one because its been that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Not really but I believe the staff had other things of priority. Classifieds, and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Am a moderator over on a G6 site. (my old car was a G6 GTP) and COTM is never organized. Nobody likes running it, its not hard to do but you need a moderator that has time to screw with the BS of it all. Need rules, need the rules to be followed by members on the forum (that's the hardest part), and then is there going to be a prize or is it just going to be an honorable mention type of thing. I have been there for 7years now and COTM never has worked, we have let members run it themselves and it worked out for like one month.

One of our biggest problems is you can only do so much with a G6, so members with Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, and so on ussally won and not G6 cars lol.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I linked this thread in our moderator section, so we're aware of its discussion.

:hi:

It can be difficult and time consuming as has been pointed out by a few of you.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Am a moderator over on a G6 site. (my old car was a G6 GTP) and COTM is never organized. Nobody likes running it, its not hard to do but you need a moderator that has time to screw with the BS of it all. Need rules, need the rules to be followed by members on the forum (that's the hardest part), and then is there going to be a prize or is it just going to be an honorable mention type of thing. I have been there for 7years now and COTM never has worked, we have let members run it themselves and it worked out for like one month.

One of our biggest problems is you can only do so much with a G6, so members with Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, and so on ussally won and not G6 cars lol.

that does make sense, maybe a group photo on the intro page with the most s197 members. i always wanted to do a forum meet up.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it does seem like it could get quite complicated. but i am willing to give it a shot on trying to get it back up and going, i will think of some cool rules...i will even give it a shot at maintaining it.

edit : dont even know where to get started on rules...dont know how nominations would work either...is it bad that i already want to give up and have a beer?

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The COTM was fun for me to do--and it wasn't too bad as I had the winners do the "Mod List" and a paragraph about themselves if they wanted. The rest of the write up would take an hour or maybe two at the most.

The intent of the "Post Two Pictures of Your Car" thread was meant for me to look over cars and contact members to see if they would be interested to be COTM. I had a few members not accept for a few different reasons, and 3 in a row not accept before I decided not to continue. That wasn't the only reason, however, as I too got busy with other things. I also wanted winners of COTM to have decent photos of their car--some would not. That doesn't make their car any less worthy, of course, but it doesn't make good reading material either.

Rules that I used:

1) had to be an active member. You can decide what "active" means.
2) I chose cars, for the most part, that did not have a complete build thread on it already, as everyone then would already know all there is to know about the car. That didn't always apply though, as I believe half of COTM is to tell the story of the member as well.
3) had to have good pictures of the car
4) and of course, be willing to accept the nomination and provide a mod list

Those were my requirements.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The COTM was fun for me to do--and it wasn't too bad as I had the winners do the "Mod List" and a paragraph about themselves if they wanted. The rest of the write up would take an hour or maybe two at the most.

The intent of the "Post Two Pictures of Your Car" thread was meant for me to look over cars and contact members to see if they would be interested to be COTM. I had a few members not accept for a few different reasons, and 3 in a row not accept before I decided not to continue. That wasn't the only reason, however, as I too got busy with other things. I also wanted winners of COTM to have decent photos of their car--some would not. That doesn't make their car any less worthy, of course, but it doesn't make good reading material either.

Rules that I used:

1) had to be an active member. You can decide what "active" means.
2) I chose cars, for the most part, that did not have a complete build thread on it already, as everyone then would already know all there is to know about the car. That didn't always apply though, as I believe half of COTM is to tell the story of the member as well.
3) had to have good pictures of the car
4) and of course, be willing to accept the nomination and provide a mod list

Those were my requirements.

The above is a hell of a lot of work to sustain month to month. I would maybe suggest something simpler and posibly more sustainable.

I would suggest member picture of the month (MPOTM). Start a thread called, oddly enough, "member picture of the month". If a member has a great pic related to themselves or their car, post it up. If a mod see's a pic in another thread they deem worthy, copy it over. At the end of the month, the mod's vote the winner, and delete all the losers. The process starts over for the next month.

If a member wants to provide info with the pic, more power to them. Member catcalls...err, feedback, to be encouraged. If KIMMER wanted that pic to be on the initial login page, would add spice :)

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Yea it's definitely been a while since a ROTM was done. I wouldn't mind helping out on this though! There's not a day I'm not on this forum lol.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I ran COTM and COTY on our local forum and it turned out to be a pain inn the arse..........end rant.

Back