I'm disapointed and let down.

Jim@JDM

Reaction score
To all Happy Easter,

Listen Im really sorry guys on how long it takes me to get tunes done. I have been managing to get at least 5 done per day. There is about 40+ tune orders on my desk at the moment still, those are new orders and then I have about 20 more that are tune adjustments, updates or changes. We do take in about 150 new tunes a month, along with the people who need or want changes made to they're tunes. JimIII and I get in fights everyday, he is always on my ass to get these tunes done. We just hired Ned Shortsleeve to work along side with III to help make better communication with our customers. Which means now I have two guys riding me about getting our customers tunes done. I am trying to hire a new guy for custom fabrication work which will keep me out of the machine shop and focused on getting more tunes done at a quicker turn around rate. I know this doesnt help for some of you but for those who are still waiting for tunes, Its Easter and Im in the building now doing some custom fabrication work so I can consentrate Monday morning on getting some more tunes done. For those of you who need a quick tune change call tomorrow and ask for me, Jim Sr. and I wont get off the phone with you untill the tune is changed. Id rather take a tounge lashing from the customers then getting a dirty face and attitude from Jr and Ned all day.

Jim@JDM

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
You can put mine on the back burner. I'm replacing busted pulleys this week.

Good to finally talk to you the other day Bigs. :beer:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
To all Happy Easter,

Listen I'm really sorry guys on how long it takes me to get tunes done. I have been managing to get at least 5 done per day. There is about 40+ tune orders on my desk at the moment still, those are new orders and then I have about 20 more that are tune adjustments, updates or changes. We do take in about 150 new tunes a month, along with the people who need or want changes made to they're tunes. JimIII and I get in fights everyday, he is always on my ass to get these tunes done. We just hired Ned Shortsleeve to work along side with III to help make better communication with our customers. Which means now I have two guys riding me about getting our customers tunes done. I am trying to hire a new guy for custom fabrication work which will keep me out of the machine shop and focused on getting more tunes done at a quicker turn around rate. I know this doesn't help for some of you but for those who are still waiting for tunes, Its Easter and I'm in the building now doing some custom fabrication work so I can concentrate Monday morning on getting some more tunes done. For those of you who need a quick tune change call tomorrow and ask for me, Jim Sr. and I wont get off the phone with you until the tune is changed. Id rather take a tongue lashing from the customers then getting a dirty face and attitude from Jr and Ned all day.

Jim@JDM

Jim Sr. it's nice to see you personally responding to this thread especially on Easter Sunday. Although getting a tune from JDM does seem to take a rather long time, I have always found the results well worth the wait.

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
I'm also glad to see you respond. I'm glad to see that you guys are upping the staff and making strides to accomidate the customers in a better fashion.

I'm not tryin to personally attack any member or team JDM, my comments are directed towards the company and it's customer service as a whole. It gets very frustrating for me having as much money tied up in this car as I do, and getting delay after delay for something seemingly simple.

Jim@JDM

Reaction score
Jeff,

Because you switched from Auto back to stick shift your tuner was still vid locked to the automatic computer code. Thats why we had to switch to an Xcal 3. There was nothing wrong with your tuner except it had to be sent back to SCT to be unlocked. The only reason for the new tuner was so you could be tuned that day. I explained this to you while you were here, sorry if you thought it was broken, it certainly was not it was just locked to the old computer.

Jim@JDM

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Well all,

Jim sr. Called me today and we talked for a while. I want to thank him for being professional and not beating me up over my post. He understood my frustration, and explained how things have been at his shop lately.

He also explained the tuner situation and me having to purchase a new sct. I don't remember the problem being explained the day it happend, but it makes sense now.

As I said before my post was never meant to attack any one personally at JDM, I simply was voiceing my frustrations with them. If this post hurt there business then that wasn't the intent. My post was me using a different method of communication to get heard. Aparently I was heard, loud and clear.

I really do want to give Jim sr. and Jim jr. A lot of credit here. There stepping up to the plate and listening to me, and other customers as well, he is putting on more staff and working to fix issues.

It took a lot me to make the orignal post, and I'm sure it took a lot for Jim to call me and maintain his cool wih me. We worked out the issues and I've been put back on the list for a tune adjustment.

I've said my piece, I've been listened to and responded to in a positive fashion, let's see what the future holds, and where things go. Right now, I'm a satisfied customer!!

Thanks JDM, and Jim sr.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's good to see that this thread managed to stay between the lines and was professionally discussed. Thanks gentlemen. :hi:

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
All,

I picked my car up from JDM on Thursday. I had a full motor / Trans installation and dyno tune. Jim Sr. was great to deal with. He really knows his stuff when it comes to getting these high hp cars up and running. He took me back to his desk to show me some of the details in my tuning file... and I personally saw with my own EYES the stack of tunes he has on his desk. So he is not B. S. 'n when he says he got alot on his plate. I guess he needs to figure out a way to clone himself to get all this work done... ha ha...

P.S. DON'T GO WITHIN 5 FEET RADIUS OF SR's DYNO COMPUTER... I made the mistake of clicking his mouse to see my rwhp readings in SAE... sorry Jim Sr. won't happen AGAIN.:asshat: (that's me on the right... ha ha)

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I throw in my .02 cents. I know why Jim was workingn on Easter, or should I say on what, and I can't wait to get into the seat. Are the delays easy to take, no they never are, but is it worth the wait, HELL YES. All you have to do is go look at a car JDM built and see how nice every looks. There never is any half-ass shit on them. some of us are pushing 100k in these cars and they look every bit the money!

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
ill be in the 80K range when my car is 100% complete, and ive never EVER seen a car run any where near a JDM tune. They do know there shit, and they are the best tuner!

NED@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
ill be in the 80K range when my car is 100% complete, and ive never EVER seen a car run any where near a JDM tune. They do know there shit, and they are the best tuner!

SLOPONY FTW!! :highfive:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
P.S. DON'T GO WITHIN 5 FEET RADIUS OF SR's DYNO COMPUTER... I made the mistake of clicking his mouse to see my rwhp readings in SAE... sorry Jim Sr. won't happen AGAIN.:asshat: (that's me on the right... ha ha)

Do you have any ass left after getting it chewed out for that little faux paux?

SLOPONY FTW!! :highfive:

Geeezzz....what a suckass.

NED@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Geeezzz....what a suckass.

C'mon SD. . . if it was for me bringing that sweet jacket for Jim Sr to give you to wear eveyday. . . what would keep you warm?? Suckass. . . call it as you see it my friend. Just complimenting ol boy for diggin our tune. We'll leave it at that!!

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score

How did you keep it so CHEAP!!! :roflmao:

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you dont or havnt used JDM, how can you say that they are a top notch company. Its just hearsay to you then. I too have had problems with them, Im sure quite a few others have as well. Seems just everyone likes to ride their dick for fear of getting flamed when talking bad about JDM. They havnt treated me well at all. More delays than necessary on simple and basic thing, poor communication where I have repeatedly called once or twice a day to check on an order that was extremely late not just caught up in customs or with the shipping company but with a delay of the product leaving their shop. On top of thisthey have made a practice with me of selling things that arent in stock, when I had asked if it was as I needed the part right away before a dyno session. I paid for the dyno time in advance and was out the fees for 6 hours of dyno time. Informed III and was told the part was in stock, 3 weeks later I had a message in my box that the part was in and will be shipped out shortly (prior to that, there was no communication on their end, not for a lack of me trying, just them not getting back to me) checked the date on the package and it still didnt go out for another 5 days. Im sure their service is great for a lot of people but if you havnt dealt with them ever, maybe its best not to add anything to this.

Where did anyone say that they responded to his email right away. Now that may be the case but I dont see it anywhere.

k_aimone, you trying for some discounts or a sponsorship or something?

I have actually pm'd senior twice and got a reply the same day once and the next day the second time.......... go figure

gtxpro2

forum member
Reaction score
I don't own my extreme any more, but I can say this... JDM was always willing to help me out with the car. They are a stand up company and got the car totally dialed in right before the sale of it to an individual on the west coast. I could not be happier with any of the work they have completed for me. Just hold on and give them some time, they are always very busy, you will be glad you waited.

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
If you dont or havnt used JDM, how can you say that they are a top notch company. Its just hearsay to you then. I too have had problems with them, Im sure quite a few others have as well. Seems just everyone likes to ride their dick for fear of getting flamed when talking bad about JDM. They havnt treated me well at all. More delays than necessary on simple and basic thing, poor communication where I have repeatedly called once or twice a day to check on an order that was extremely late not just caught up in customs or with the shipping company but with a delay of the product leaving their shop. On top of thisthey have made a practice with me of selling things that arent in stock, when I had asked if it was as I needed the part right away before a dyno session. I paid for the dyno time in advance and was out the fees for 6 hours of dyno time. Informed III and was told the part was in stock, 3 weeks later I had a message in my box that the part was in and will be shipped out shortly (prior to that, there was no communication on their end, not for a lack of me trying, just them not getting back to me) checked the date on the package and it still didnt go out for another 5 days. Im sure their service is great for a lot of people but if you havnt dealt with them ever, maybe its best not to add anything to this.

Where did anyone say that they responded to his email right away. Now that may be the case but I dont see it anywhere.

k_aimone, you trying for some discounts or a sponsorship or something?

wow you took that the wrong way. i am sorry but when these little companies like muscle mustang and fast ford use them, i tend to agree with the industry leaders. now i am not stupid, you cant make everybody happy all of the time, but if he did not treat his customers right, jdm would be out of business.

and no i am not trying to get something from them. i just gave my opinion.

but it looks like problem was resolved.

ciao
ken

BubbaRATM

bottle fed baby
Reaction score
There was no warranty on this stuff, I can buy a motor or supercharger any where. I may have shit where i Formerly spent my money, but as far as I am concerned, they shit where there money came from. I'll survive being flamed on here for posting an honest consumer report, and I'll live if my car breaks. Will JDM survive if they rack up a list of pissed off customers and failed promises?

EXACTLY RIGHT! Buisiness survive based on customers, not the other way around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back