Injector identification

forum member
Reaction score
The quick question: What fuel injectors come with Roush's Tuner Kit and 550hp TVS kit?
I have not held every popular injector in my hand. Is there an easy way to identify the most popular injectors?
Thanks for the help.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is a "popular" injector. Did you check with Roush kit to see what they list?

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the link to Roush's 550 kit http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Supercharger-Phase-2-2005-2009.html
Unless I missed it, they don't list the injector.
What is a popular injector? On this site, I often hear the recommendation of ID1000's for a particular application. If I was at a swap meet or looking at a picture, how could I confirm that they are ID1000's? That's what I am getting at. How do you identify certain injectors? Is there a website that has a pictures of the most common?
Jeremy, does any of this make sense?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't know injectors were a fashion show. They should be based on what your car needs for your desired power level and what fits your application.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
properly sized should be more important to you than popular

/\ treed

"GT500 fuel system upgrade" = would be GT500 injectors, IIRC those are 47# however I'm only 50/50 on that

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think most roush kits came with 39lb base injectors by the way.

Are you trying to identify an injectors you have? t

Then post a picture and these guys can tell you what you have.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Here is the link to Roush's 550 kit http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Supercharger-Phase-2-2005-2009.html
Unless I missed it, they don't list the injector.
What is a popular injector? On this site, I often hear the recommendation of ID1000's for a particular application. If I was at a swap meet or looking at a picture, how could I confirm that they are ID1000's? That's what I am getting at. How do you identify certain injectors? Is there a website that has a pictures of the most common?
Jeremy, does any of this make sense?

Roush uses a short 47lb (@39psi) Delphi injector that Roush rates at 52lbs by running 43 psi fuel pressure. I made over 600rwhp with those injectors on BP93 pump gas. My tuner said they could supply more fuel but I swapped them out for a 900cc Bosch injector.

Most popular and common injectors are using that modified Bosch injector body.

You should get a flow chart with any new injector you buy, If used, you're probably stuck trusting you're getting the correct injector.

forum member
Reaction score
Are you trying to identify an injectors you have? t

Yes. I will try to get a picture later. They do appear very short as mentioned by drive_55_not.
Thanks all for the information.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back