installing black chrome lower grille insert: ASSISTANCE PLEASE!!

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok. so i got the SSE black chrome lower grill insert that matches my upper grille. the instructions totally suck...first it says remove the four fasteners securing the rubber air deflector to the front fascia by pring up on the edge and prying htem out....well I am assuming the speed shop that installed my saleen must have already removed these and replaced them with small little bolts as I do not see any of the normal 1/4 inch push fasteners there...so are those the pins (now bolts) they are referring to... I am assuming it is....please advise...the rest seems pretty basic..i assume that this just goes in fron of the old grille piece in the bottom since it never states to remove...anyone with experience here would be great...i will finish late this afternoon after I return from the movies..thx

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TJ,

Unless Ford changed it in the last year or so, that piece is held by 4 small bolts, that is if they are referring to what I call a splash guard that sits right under the front bumper cover.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TJ,

Unless Ford changed it in the last year or so, that piece is held by 4 small bolts, that is if they are referring to what I call a splash guard that sits right under the front bumper cover.
They are screws on both my 05 and 06 - 5.5mm head...

The push fasteners are all in the wheel well and above the radiator...

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thx...it was harder than the crappy instructions implied mainly due to my saleens intercooler being there..I had to actually remove the lower grille shell to put in the black chrome insert....came out good though...then did my MRT hood struts....I truly love them...they are awesome...

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah I plan on taking new pics of my car tommorrow.....changed the rear spoiler.....added the lower grille...mrt struts....she is getting there....

Back