Intake Manid Insulation

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
While it might help with direct radiant heat from under the manifold it won't help anywhere else. What I mean is that heat rises and the manifold as a whole will be absorbing heat from everywhere. Just my opinion.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
that's what I was thinking, I think it would be decent for when it first starts up and after a few minutes, but after that like you said heat everywhere.

I really just noticed I miss titled the thread, time to change the batteries in the keyboard... hate when it does that junk. I know I typed all the letters lol

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
There is far more radiant heat in the valley of the motor than the air around the top/sides. I did some testing and I was seeing 190-195deg in the valley of the motor and 100-110 everywhere else.

That heat shield they are using works FANTASTIC. I just did a test on all the popular stuff out there including ceramic coating. That type of heat shield was lightyears better then everything else.

It may not net massive gains, but it certainly won't hurt.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm might be something to look into then! Do they have a part number for the 05-09 intakes? I assume I would just have to buy a sheet and cut it out myself

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
looking back at spyder's build thread (see post 266 and 269), he used a similar wrap on his cold air intake tube to shield it from the radiator hose with great results:
...so i got some heat shielding and put it under the intake to block the heat from the coolant hoses and around the CAI. just did the same on the new combo and went from 11.26 to 10.99 with no other changes. it dropped my IAT's from 118-126degrees peak down to 80-85 degrees peak on a 65 gedree day. if i could ever get them to ambient temp i could probably run 10.60's or quicker...

I went to Lowe's yesterday and picked up a roll of reflectix and wrapped my CAI tube. Maybe I'll pull the manifold and shield the valley this winter - might be interesting to how both work together.

I plan to monitor intake air temps with the wrapped tube the next time I get it out of the garage and to the track.

76963D4E-A086-4600-9C86-012E9E35F217_zps7vbti2eg.jpg

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a drag car where your making a run shortly after starting up the car, why not. Otherwise engine bay is an oven on a street car. But like mentioned, won't hurt.

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WTF, up to 12 additional HP, who the fuck is selling this Ron Bopeil and does it come with spray-on hair.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back