Intake pipe for Vortech supercharger

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Here's mine. Details in an upcoming thread.

vortechinlet.jpg
Thats sweet

Rogercharger

Reaction score
Intake

There is a company called www.siliconeintakes.com that sells silicone hose and joiners. All you need to make an intake is 1- 4inch 90, 1-4 inch 45, 1- 4 inch joiner, and 4 T clamps. Price is around 60 dollars. You will need to convert to blow though mass air. and convert to vent to atmosphere blow off. Tune needed to get the most out of the change.

Last edited:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a company called www.siliconeintakes.com that sells silicone hose and joiners. All you need to make an intake is 1- 4inch 90, 1-4 inch 45, 1- 4 inch joiner, and 4 T clamps. Price is around 60 dollars. You will need to convert to blow though mass air. and convert to vent to atmosphere blow off. Tune needed to get the most out of the change.
That's where I got my 90... one of the very few places these days that actually have a 3.5" to 4" 90 degree elbow in stock. The 4" 90 in your list above needs to be 3.5" on one side and 4" on the other, since the Vortech inlet is 3.5".

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Cool thread! My Paxton 2200 has a 4" inlet compared to the 3.5 of the vortech/1200... right? As of right now I can't make any more power than I already have. But when I build a motor I'm sure I will have some form of power pipe with a blow thru setup to go in. Setups look great fellas.

Greg, I assume this is where you already got the "mod bug" for a power pipe.

:lol2:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
By the way, I'm using mine without the shield. The 90 keeps the pipe in place nicely, so it doesn't hit anything. The only down side is that it rubs against the radiator cover, so I encourage you guys to consider that when making your measurements.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
By the way, I'm using mine without the shield. The 90 keeps the pipe in place nicely, so it doesn't hit anything. The only down side is that it rubs against the radiator cover, so I encourage you guys to consider that when making your measurements.

Can't you trim the radiator cover or does it still rub with trimming?

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't you trim the radiator cover or does it still rub with trimming?
It's a painted cover, so I don't really want to do that. I will probably have to, though, since I can't take anything off the 90. Yet another thing on my to-do list. :beerdrink:

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Cool stuff, I am jealous...lol

Sounds like you may max out the Vortech at some point and time with P&P heads/cams & maybe some more boost.

:beerdrink:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm close. It's hard to tell how much power this setup can make right now, since it's so freaking hot here. My car made 555 rwhp during the winter BEFORE this mod, and made 515 rwhp this morning because it was over 100 degrees at the shop. This combo should be enough to get me in the 10s, and that's all I really care about.

Re: the engine, it was NOT an easy process, but it's done. If I could go back in time, I would buy a 302 stroker from Livernois and bypass the local builders. Lesson learned for me, since I had a bad experience, your mileage may vary.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So the naderson or yalls own setups are converting to blowthru. I have seen where the maf is being placed on the air to air setup, but what about maf placement on the charge cooler setup.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wonder if I could just get the Power pipe and use my stock MAF/housing?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool thread! My Paxton 2200 has a 4" inlet compared to the 3.5 of the vortech/1200... right? As of right now I can't make any more power than I already have. But when I build a motor I'm sure I will have some form of power pipe with a blow thru setup to go in. Setups look great fellas.

Greg, I assume this is where you already got the "mod bug" for a power pipe.

:lol2:

You think?:evillaugh:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wonder if I could just get the Power pipe and use my stock MAF/housing?
AFM makes their product with MAFs built in. Getcha one of those if you really want to do this.

I wouldn't, though. I'd wait until you're ready to do heads and cams, because I don't think you'll see much gain with just the pipe. I have not been able to compare apples to apples yet, due to it being hotter than hell in Texas, but the one car that I know of that made real gains (50+ rwhp) had ported heads, cams, etc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back