Interior is rattling

281express

forum member
Reaction score
so i have a 06 gt w/o the sub and the premium sound system but my speakers are aftermarket i dunno what brand, theyre from the previous owner and they sound great until i play a song thats heavy with bass which causes the interior trim in the rear to rattle. its just those 2 large speakers sitting back there. does anyone know how to quiet the rattle? besides using dynamat.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
Quit acting like you have gold teeth and want people to hear your dumb music and turn the volume down. Problem solved! lol, im just giving you crap.

1FastS197

Reaction score
adjust bass/treble and fade it more to the front speakers... you have a mustang... i know they have rear seats but can you really fit anyone back there!? of course i am 6'0... lol...

281express

forum member
Reaction score
adjust bass/treble and fade it more to the front speakers... you have a mustang... i know they have rear seats but can you really fit anyone back there!? of course i am 6'0... lol...

haha yeah i leave the seats folded all the time, its a convenience to just throw stuff in the trunk while im in the front.....but if i adjust the fade towards the front it starts sounding flat

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some things I have tried other than Dynamating or sound deadening the whole inside is finding the actual interior pieces that rattle and throw some of that soft contact foam (the crap they use like on desk corners so you don't jam into it) and trim it down to fit the problem area, use some light spray adhesive to make it stick... That and on the light spots use some of those felt tabs that self adhere..... Those are cheapy ways to do it but should not be permanent.....

ixtlan

Reaction score
My 1000 has a rattle too.
It is the rear spoiler rattling though.
I need to pull it and put something between it and the truck lid.
But i haven't bothered to yet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back