New from Miami, Fl

kallar68

forum member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, names Leo, I'm 24 and I'm from Miami, Fl. Mustangs run deep in my life. I have a 69 fastback with a 351w and my dad has a 68 fastback with a blueprinted 428 cobra jet. I had been driving a 96 civic I got in high school and fully modified from bumpers to transmissions. Last year I started looking at finally getting into a late model mustang. the search started with a 03-04 mach 1 or a 96-98 cobra. I'm very picky so it was hard to find one I considered to be a good starting platform, then I started noticing the 11-12s dropping in price and being listed more frequently (I guess the airbag recalls started getting done).

Well after about 5 months I finally was able to get my hands on one of my legit dream cars. Its a 2011 Mustang GT premium with the California special package, glass roof AND it is an official Daytona 500 pace car #23 of 50 made. I'm the 3rd owner at 40,000 miles and was able to get this very limited production car for the cost of a standard GT in my area. One of the previous owners did modify a few things but they were all done tastefully with reputable parts. but enough talking here are pictures from day 1.

Dashboard signed by Jack Roush and Daytona ID Plaque

Absolutely insane optional glass roof. Fun Fact: the glass has been optically tested and it is tinted 50% and blocked 90% of uv rays, doesnt even get hot in there!

So obviously its a 7 year old car with a decent amount of miles so it had some wear a tear. I went ahead and ordered a brand new steering wheel assembly, and driver seat upholstery from Ford ($$$) and got a new key cut and programmed because unfortunately it only came with one. Also gave her an oil change with a complete switch to Mobil1 synthetic since I had no idea how long it had been since the last change. And lastly on the refurb end of thing I ordered a billet aluminum shift knob to replace the worn down leather one it came with.

I promised myself I'd drive the car for at least 3 months before going crazy with mods but of course the weekend I buy it there's a labor day sales at late model resto, american muscle, cjponyparts and countless other sites. I was able to get an oem boss 302 splitter for $60 under retail and I also got hood struts because I always regretted not having them on my civic

I had some LED's left over from when I bought a bunch of random ones for the civic in bulk so I put them to good use and converted the map and reverse lights. Eventually I'll also do the license plate and trunk lights as well.

So yeah, that's all for now, like i said probably 3 months until anything exciting happens unless i find some killer deals locally. Until then just enjoying the ride!

[size=large]Mod List[/size]

Factory Options:
GT/CS Package
Daytona Pace Car package
Optional Glass roof
Optional 3.73 gears

Exterior:
boss 302 front splitter
boss 302 grille
Roush license plate frame
LED reverse lights

Interior:
Jack Roush signed dashboard
Steeda Tri-ax short shifter
Modern Billet Retro Style Shift Knob
LED map lights

Engine/Tranny:
SVE Hood struts
Roush cai
Ford Racing sport axleback exhaust

Suspension:
Ford Racing k springs
Roush RR02 20x8.5
Goodyear 255/35/r20

and for those curious this is what my civic looked like when I got it and how she sits as of this post.

8727593758_62be32d0b8_b.jpg

here's my 69

and my dad's 68

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, any local meets ups or clubs up there? I used to go to tower shops with the Honda before they moved it.

There are many things to do. This weekend is an annual event called The Patriot Run. Leaves from Holiday park in Miami this Saturday and caravans with over 100 Mustangs to Islomorada for a weekend adventure. As for clubs. Check out Muscle Stangs of Miami, The Ft Lauderdale Mustang Club, etc. these 2 groups are always taking mini road trips together.

kallar68

forum member
Reaction score
I actually did Patriot run a few years back in my new edge. I have taken the 68 to the ft Lauderdale mustang club shows and the msm Saturday meet ups too. If they have it again this Saturday I'm going to try to be there.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I love the glass roof option on the Stang, and great job on the Civic. Very tastefully done.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I actually did Patriot run a few years back in my new edge. I have taken the 68 to the ft Lauderdale mustang club shows and the msm Saturday meet ups too. If they have it again this Saturday I'm going to try to be there.

Very cool. I work at Autonation Ford of Ft Lauderdale in Service. Make sure you bring one of the toys out to our car show in MRxh. It is with the Ft Lauderdale Muatsang Club

kallar68

forum member
Reaction score
When's the show? We took the 68 2 years ago I believe, couldn't make it this past year because of rain and the locked rear end.

Dustin@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts, and needs!

https://lmr.com/2010-14-Mustang

kallar68

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts, and needs!

https://lmr.com/2010-14-Mustang
Definitely! Already placed an order with you guys for the sve hood struts, they should be getting here tomorrow!

Back