Intermittent fuel starvation.

Laga

Reaction score
Three times this summer I had fuel starvation problems after going a year on E85 trouble free. Twice at the drag strip, one on a road course. All three while going straight and at about 100 mph. At first I suspected low fuel levels as the tracks are some distance from where I can get E85. I replaced the in-line fuel filter after the second time. However, the last time it happened, I had at least 11 gallons in the tank. This week, I went out to the farmland to do some runs and duplicate the problem while datalogging, but ,of course, I couldn’t get it to happen. This was with around 10 gallons in the tank. Lito saw nothing wrong with the log I sent him.
After reading the older posts here, I’m guessing the problem is the size of the stock fuel line. I’m planning on replacing the Walbro 400L pump, removing the pprv, and going to either a -6an or -8an fuel line, hat to rails with a larger fuel filter. My 05 has a Edelbrock SC, 8# of boost on E85, BAP. Making approximately 500rwhp and 450 torque. Any other ideas?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I believe stepping up to a 1/2” line and hi flow filter is a good idea. When I had intermittent fuel problems it turned out to be the electrical connector on the fuel hat.

Laga

Reaction score
I believe stepping up to a 1/2” line and hi flow filter is a good idea. When I had intermittent fuel problems it turned out to be the electrical connector on the fuel hat.
Thanks, I’ll be sure to check the wiring.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Buy the fuel line kit and filter from S&H. Its all -8AN. The price is very reasonable and all the details have been worked out for you. It worked very well for me

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/fuel-issues-while-tuning.139567/#post-2517329

The cost for -6 is roughly the same as -8. While -6 is most likely big enough, if you go with -8, you know for sure flow capacity will never be the issue.

Laga

Reaction score

Laga

Reaction score
Buy the fuel line kit and filter from S&H. Its all -8AN. The price is very reasonable and all the details have been worked out for you. It worked very well for me

https://www.s197forum.com/threads/fuel-issues-while-tuning.139567/#post-2517329

The cost for -6 is roughly the same as -8. While -6 is most likely big enough, if you go with -8, you know for sure flow capacity will never be the issue.
Thanks, forgot about him. Ill have my daughter send him a message as I no longer have a Facebook account.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back