Interor LED conversion(pic)

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Had my interior lights swapped over to blue and they came out very nice. Wanted to give props to Mustang32012(Ronnie) , and show off his skillz.
There is more involed in the swap than I thought would be. One thing is you must have patience and a steady hand.. The pictures dont do them any justice. On HD moniters/TV does help. though... I had my color opition, and never looked right with blue gauges and rest of car green. But with everything blue, it looks like it came from factory.. Only thng that couldnt be swapped was radio face and info box on cluster.(for now that is).

DSC00045-2.jpg

DSC00049-1.jpg

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Looks Great! Ronnie is the man when it comes to changing the LED's... did mine in Blue as well to match my Cobalt gauges, VERY happy with the results.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Very nice!

Ron is the man!

Did all mine a few months ago to match the dash & Cobalts as well. Turned out great! It's just ashame I don't get to see them that much, sense I don't drive her that much at night anymore.

L8R_SON

Whippled
Reaction score
Do you guys know how to do this and which LED lights should I buy? I really wanted this

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Do you guys know how to do this and which LED lights should I buy? I really wanted this

Its a pretty big ordeal, allot of desoldering and soldering new(tiny) lights in. Not like pre 05's, where you unplug and plug new lights in. Send them to Mustang32012 and let him do it for you. I watched him do it and will say, its more work than you would expect. Guarantee you will be pleased with the results... :beer:
Pictures just dont them justice. At night with the all the switches lit up, it is just bad ass.

Get to enjoy mine some right now, because its summer and just too damn hot to ride with top down during the day. Specially with the black leather.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Ron is the man! Did he get your headlight switch too?

Thank for all the props guys. Mikes car did turn out sweet...I just finished his overhead convertible top switch. That was unique to say the least!! lol

bigpappy...I did do his headlight switch. I'm pretty happy with the results now. I owe you a headlight switch don't I? I just posted a WTB add for some extra switches so I can go back and try to catch up on the ones I missed.

PM me and we'll get yours set up once I buy this extra one I'm eyeballin'.

RH

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
Thank for all the props guys. Mikes car did turn out sweet...I just finished his overhead convertible top switch. That was unique to say the least!! lol

bigpappy...I did do his headlight switch. I'm pretty happy with the results now. I owe you a headlight switch don't I? I just posted a WTB add for some extra switches so I can go back and try to catch up on the ones I missed.

PM me and we'll get yours set up once I buy this extra one I'm eyeballin'.

RH

You got me one remember! No worries :) Just had the stiffer spring but I'm used to it by now. Hope all is well!

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
this is the first thing I did, when I got my car...I hated the green look

Know what ya mean,, the green just didnt go with the flow of the car. The green on radio and info center on dash is driving me crazy. Info center isnt too bad since it can be turned off, but the radio is another story. Had a experimental blue face plate for radio but didnt survive the proceedure. :rant:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to do the cruise control switches in the steering wheel? That is the only thing I haven't had done yet?

Earl

EMT644

forum member
Reaction score
OHHH could you do red? My brother is stationed in Columbus. Could be agood reason for a visit

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back