Is the foam cannon special?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
so I just picked up a pressure washer. What drew me to the kit was there there was a special bottle that came with it that looked almost exactly like the foam cannons I have been seeing on line.

I tested it out today. it more or less throws the soap on the car. very useful, yes, but I kind of want to be cool and have the foam LOL.

I used a tiny amount of armor all soap (my wife picked it up a long time ago, and when I ran out of soap I figured I would just use that until it runs out). not diluted just a tiny amount for testing.

and my pressure washer has 1500psi

does it look like I am doing something wrong here like the wrong soap or not diluted? or do I really have to get a special foam cannon. or mabey my pressure washer is not powerful enough?

thanks

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I bought one too and I bought the special soap meant for foam guns but it's not same. It doesn't come out as foamy as it's supposed too and cling on to the car.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Your pressure washer is fine. The one that comes with it more then less just sprays soap out for you. A foam cannon will get your true foam.

Just for an idea. I think my pressure washer is like 1400 PSI with a MTM cannon.

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
yeah your pic is what I am looking for.

I will take pics tonite, but judging by the responses I need to go buy a foam cannon.

I mean, it washes the car and does its job, but I want foam damit LOL.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I was pretty disappointed at the $20 foam solution I bought and did not get the results like the picture.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
^^ That's awesome. Do they really make a difference with loosening the dirt? Really thinking about picking one up now.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
With a good soap it makes all the difference in the world for getting the dirt off the paint. I use CG Maxi Suds or Honeydew with some ONR thrown in. I do the following steps when I wash now:
1. Rinse whole car
2. Attach Foam Lance and cover entire car and let dwell for at least 5 minutes
3. Rinse again
4. Get out wash bucket with Maxi Suds and ONR mixture (grit guards as well) and mitt
5. Foam one panel at a time, wash then rinse
6. Do a spotless/sheeting final rinse (hose off PW, let water run off panels)

This method is extreme but with a black car its worth it. I also do ONR washes as well that are quicker, but only if car isnt to dirty.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was thinking this was in lieu of using elbow grease to wash the car. I've never been impressed by any pressure washer to get the car spotless, only to get nasty crap off it before using a mitt.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
it is all a big experiment for me.

and if it fails, I still made a shit ton of foam LOL.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not liking my pressure washer at all to wash my car. It's a 1400
Psi electric and I feel like it doesn't really do anything. I prefer the hose and bucket method.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
What do you do if it is sunny out? I have to hustle when using a mitt around here if the sun is out, otherwise stuff starts drying before I can rinse it off.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I also thought foam was in lieu of actually washing the car with your hands.
So what is the point if I still have to sit there and put my mitts on?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
The foam only works good if you have a light dusting or its just dirty from passing rain. Anything else I really think the foam gun is pointless if you still have to put your mittens on and use elbow grease.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Depending on how well your car is coated with wax/nano sealant/etc. you may not have to touch it depending on how dirty the car is. I have gotten away with rinse, foam, dwell rinse, dry with air, and touch up any spots that need be. Note that was on a car just dirty enough I didnt feel comfortable enough using Ultima Waterless Wash with. But foaming will always help reduce swirls and scrathes which is the name of the game. Even if you have to use the mit, the first foaming should have removed most of the heavy contaminates making it less likely to scratch the cars paint.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I have found the pressure washer useful for knocking off clumps of mud, getting in crevices, washing under the hood, washing the wheels, ect. with less time than the traditional hose and fluffy sponge. The pressure also seems to make rinsing faster and seems to take up less water.

as far as washing a black car on a hot day, hustle mofo. if it is hot enough I will just do one general area at a time. My paint has been so hot before a cloud of steam rose up when I hit it with the hose. When paint is hot like that the water will dry faster than you could possibly wash and rinse the whole car at once.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Been there, done that. No motivation like seeing the water steam off the car. I've found that foaming the car tends to slow the evaporation process. It gives me more time to get around the car with the mitt & buckets. I'm just using the regular hose & foam gun, not the pressure washer setup & it's working fine for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back