Is the foam cannon special?

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Got a link to your foam gun clauder? Does it cover the car with the "clingy" foam like in the pictures above?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to "self nominate" myself as ONE of the resident detailers on this site (I know there are several so I won't claim sole ownership of that title lol).

That being said:

Yes a foam cannon is a MUST for someone who notices even a single swirls.

No, a foam cannon is not a "substitute" to washing the car. If the proper chemicals are used (Maxi Suds were mentioned and that is what I use as well), then a foam cannon will encapsulate the loose dirt particles and prevent them from swirling the paint.

A 1400 pressure washer is worthless. I use a 3000 psi 2.5 GPM on my customers cars. You need at least 2200ps @ 2.5 gpm (most of the 1400psi models are only 1.5gpm and that simply isnt enough). Even with my 3000 psi, I still find a neglected paint job will not come clean with just a pressure washer. The dirt embeds itself into the paint it seems and cannot come clean without elbow grease.

Use a foam cannon, use a two bucket method with grit guards, and use two mitts (one for top half, one for bottom), if you are as anal about your car as I am.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
well, a whole bunch of stuff came in but the foam cannon is on back order.

I tried the soap shooter that came with the washer. this time on the whole car. its worthless IMO. It guzzles soap, even when diluted. it appears to wash the car at first, but after the car is dried and examined I can tell work still needs to be done.

reading these posts it appears that the foam cannon lowers the amount of hand washing that needs to be done, as opposed to eliminating it.

which is fine with me, I will experiment on my own and see where it goes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back