it never ends

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, I know it's not the car, just seems I've been trying to get this together forever now.. but .. the car should be pretty bullet proof afterwards.. I've built cars in the past, and my 89 notch was one thing after another, but it finally got there. It's part of it. Just getting antsy. Everytime I get the money built up for a supercharger I have to spend it on something else.. lol

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Man, I feel you about the budget thing, I have all but given up on mine:(

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, I know it's not the car, just seems I've been trying to get this together forever now.. but .. the car should be pretty bullet proof afterwards.. I've built cars in the past, and my 89 notch was one thing after another, but it finally got there. It's part of it. Just getting antsy. Everytime I get the money built up for a supercharger I have to spend it on something else.. lol

This happens to me also but it's my house that eats up the cash, not my car. Never buy an old house, it'll eat you alive.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
OMG.. Just read this thread..

I see in one of your replies you stated you bought yours several months ago. I hope like hell that is the case and this is not the rotating assy I sold last month! I never listed mine on the classifieds, and I deleted all my PM's and cant remember who got what. I just have Paypal and shipping history..

I sold someone on here a stock rotating assy with 45k on it. It was out of the shortblock I bought from 1badhrs. On 8/5 of last month I was paid for my stock rotating assy and I shipped on 8/6. Not sure if this is the one I sold or not (hope not). I never personally ran the shortblock I bought from 1badhrs, but did have I my machine shop inspect everything when they dissasembled it (I went forged). Either way, 40 thou is a LOT and that should have been even visible in the bearings etc. My shop said the shortblock and rotating assy was in excellent condition when they looked it over.

If this is the one I sold, I will definately issue a refund and eat the shipping. I was not worried about the money to begin with. I hope anyone selling thru the forum would do the same. And there is no reason not to contact the seller when there are issues. Usually if it is a legit deal/problem then it would likely be something that can be resolved.

Again, if this is the crank in question, let me know please. I will also have a serious bone to pick with my machine shop and some others as well but I will deal with that.

I am working late but will try to check as often as possible. Sent you a pm...

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I got your pm , and no I did not buy this from you, but I really appreciate you being a straight up guy about it had you been the one I bought from. Like I said, it's been long enough now, it's not worth the effort of drama, but lesson learned.

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I got your pm , and no I did not buy this from you, but I really appreciate you being a straight up guy about it had you been the one I bought from. Like I said, it's been long enough now, it's not worth the effort of drama, but lesson learned.

Hope it all works out for the best, and I suppose if anything it is piece of mind knowing you are going to have a better crank moving forward.. and like you mentioned, it definately could have been much worse had you fired it up. Good for you for knowing better!

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it would've beat the thrust bearing out in no time, and I dont' think it would've made it a few miles w/out a major headache.. so better now than later for sure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back