I've Been BLACK BALLED!!!

R

redbaron66

Went to the track Friday night and it is under new management. I the past on test-n-tune they did not care about all the rules regarding a roll bar. THEY DO NOW!! I have not been to the track since last year, so we had a new tune in the car and I was anxioous to try her out. First pass on motor netted an 11.0 at 121.5 mph with a 1.62 60' time. On the return road I was flagged down an issued a warning not to do that again. I really wanted to see what it would do with a 75 shot of nitrous too. Decided what the heck. Next run... 1.5 60' time and 10.56 at 126.5 mph. Results... BLACK BALLED until I show up with a certified roll bar, 5 point harness, jacket, etc. Felt kinda good really!

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Heck at least you got those good runs in....so they kicked ya out, big deal!! You know what it can do now, dontcha???

Nice runs, yes indeed.....

R

redbaron66

I guess if I want to continue to race I will have to put in a roll bar. Yep... I had to see what it would do since installing the nitous window switch and making adjustments in the tune. The window switch worked like a charm and kept it from backfiring, so now I feel good about upping to a 125-150 shot of juice! Next goal is a low 10 sec run. I just to get the funds together, and we all know how hard that can be at times.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That's too bad, Dale... but I'm sure it was fun while it lasted! Excellent run BTW!!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hey don a FYI but i was told that running 9.99 or quicker, you cant have removable door bars on a cage. however swingouts are good for whatever times. not sure how true that is

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
hey don a FYI but i was told that running 9.99 or quicker, you cant have removable door bars on a cage. however swingouts are good for whatever times. not sure how true that is
At 9.99 or quicker (6.39 in the 1/8), a full roll cage (i.e., 12-point) is required anyway, so swingouts are a moot point then.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks like ill run slow till the end of the night then pop off a quick one, get banned and try another track haha

H

hardcoremustangs

I guess if I want to continue to race I will have to put in a roll bar. Yep... I had to see what it would do since installing the nitous window switch and making adjustments in the tune. The window switch worked like a charm and kept it from backfiring, so now I feel good about upping to a 125-150 shot of juice! Next goal is a low 10 sec run. I just to get the funds together, and we all know how hard that can be at times.

Try painting your car a different color, then go back and act like you never been there. LOL :victory:

R

redbaron66

Damn!!! Why didn't I come up with that sooner. I would have to go in disguise too.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
Sweet, haha!

Though part of me realizes that they have those rules for a reason! Your car has alot of power, I'd probably look into the roll bar at least!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back