JDM Day has been rescheduled, November 19th!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We got a phone call this morning from the officials at Raceway park and things aren't looking good for tommorow. We are going to hold off the event untill next wednsday the 19th. We had to make this decision based on several scenarios and they all leaned towards moving the date.

The weather for tommorow is supposed to be clear even though for the past two weeks its looked like rain anways. It is going to rain tonight and thats what presents a problem for the track. They will have to start drying the track right away tommorow morning and would probably not be finished untill near noon time. Leaving us a few hours short of racing on the day. Also they are going to use a ton of Jet fuel in their dryer to dry the track off and that costs alot of money, expected $1400 Raceway park said! They wouldnt mind on a day they normally make money. The other problem presented is that the water table is high at the track right now and after the rain its going to be even higher. This will create water sepage out on the track throughout the day making it more dangerous for the faster cars.

We also had to account for the food we are having catered. Its a large order and to get the food there and set up we need to make sure the event is going to happen. Wedsndays weather looks perfect...much cooler and sunny all day and the days before and after!

Im sorry for any inconvience but we had to wait untill today to make the call, i know alot of you guys have been periodically checking with us anyway because of the weather forcast anyways so hope you were prepared anyways!

Hope to see everyone who can make it to JDM day there this Wedsnday, November 19th!!!!

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Works for me.

Anybody craving a race this weekend. MIR has a Test and Tune and fall Swap meet on SUN 16th. 20 bucks gets you in. Free Gabmlers race 1k to win at 3pm, as long as your there to T&T you can enter for free!

I hope to see some of you fuckers there, and I will see you all on Wed!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that could work for me!!!

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
I'm out...But I'm glad I took Veterans' Day off instead of trading it for Friday. Looks like I'll be rained out for Saturday too. (Make up rain date from 10-25, GSRMC drag day) Damn, I can't get a break!!!LOL

Well guys, have fun next Wednesday!!!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked this morning and saw 40s and Sunny

IIRC last year was high 40s

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
When does it get to the point of too cold? Did anyone see the temps they are forcasting?

I am thinking the same thing, also up my way they are talking about mid 20s in the morning when I would have to leave. My question is, will it hurt the s/c if the temp is around 23 degrees. My car is not a daily driver, and I told my 11 year old son he could go, so he bouncing off the walls. But with it that cold I do not know what to do. What do you think?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the SC will love the cold!!!

the trouble will be traction if its too cold!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
30% chance of snow the night before till at least 7pm

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
It was 19 degrees and windy when I left for the track. It was windy, I was cold, my son was cold. We had a blast, I learned a lot, I would do it again in a heart beat. The pizza man made a hell of a spread, he was a great help to me at the burn out area thank him again for me. I hope Shauns mother does well.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mick - how was the track?

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
It was slick. I was surprised we even raced. But on the other hand my son said someone in the group went 140mph. I did not see I was in line waiting to go

joe@jdm

Official Vendor
Reaction score
It was slick. I was surprised we even raced. But on the other hand my son said someone in the group went 140mph. I did not see I was in line waiting to go

that was Jim Sr in the Sterling car. check our videos on our site, he ran a 9.7 @ 140 yesterday!

joe@jdm

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yikes I took a look. Wish I was not sitting in line I would have loved to have seen that in person. Oh well. Where you there Joe?

yeah, i was manning the tower and the starting lines all day, and i ran my altima down the track lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back