Jlt series 3 hurting?

Grannycar

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 07 gt/cs with a jlt series 3 cold air intake. I think they are 110mm maf housings? My mods include that 93 bama race tune, o/r xpipe, axle back and Steeda cmdp. With the jlt being sooo big do you think it's hurting performance at all in my car? It just seems this car makes no low end power at all. I dynoed 280rwhp 280rwtq on a mustang Dyno but max hp was at 6000 tq I think was around 4500rpm. Maybe it's just me?
What do you guys think??

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
Nope sounds right for your mods and rpm is right for that intake. My series 2 peaks at 5800 rpm.

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
Make sure the Bama is tuned for the new 110mm intake not the old style, I had zero low end, like wouldnt spin the tires. That was from bbr, though. Issue is corrected and now hauls ass for a 3v thats mostly stock.

Grannycar

forum member
Reaction score
Yea mine is the same way. From a 1st gear roll it will hardly break the tires loose. According to bama the tune is correct? I mean I still have factory 3.31 in it :(

pmcferron

forum member
Reaction score
i dont really think a bigger intake pipe would make that much difference. i dont know much and i may be totally off base but wouldnt your throttle body be the limiting factor? i would think regardless of the size of the intake tube theres not going to be a terrible lot of difference because your stepping down to the throttle body size regardless. i may be completely wrong, im just thinking basic.

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
If you feel you don't have much low end, I'd have to guess it's more from not having cats rather than the intake. I definitely noticed a bit of a loss down low with my long tubes, but not too bad at all honestly. I don't even notice it anymore. I know lt's will be a much more profound effect, but I've heard the same thing from simple o/r pipes.

Definitely makes up for it as you climb into the higher rpm range, though I don't like how long second gear takes to get going sometimes. I've always had that issue though, before and after the l/t's. Just the way it's geared.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I went from 3.31's to 4.10's, the difference is night and day..
It was almost scary when I first put the pedal down merging on the highway and smacked the rev limiter.
I'm used to it now so I can't tell but that first day holy shit.

itsslow06

forum member
Reaction score
Have you thought of spectre? I have the cai, o/r h, 93 bama tune, and slp axlebacks and I'm at 296rwhp, and 313rwtq... I don't think that tune is right honestly

Sent from the drag strip!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you thought of spectre? I have the cai, o/r h, 93 bama tune, and slp axlebacks and I'm at 296rwhp, and 313rwtq... I don't think that tune is right honestly

you cannot compare your #s to his, there is no baseline to use for reference, more importantly, different dynos, different days.... it's useless.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 07 gt/cs with a jlt series 3 cold air intake. I think they are 110mm maf housings? My mods include that 93 bama race tune, o/r xpipe, axle back and Steeda cmdp. With the jlt being sooo big do you think it's hurting performance at all in my car? It just seems this car makes no low end power at all. I dynoed 280rwhp 280rwtq on a mustang Dyno but max hp was at 6000 tq I think was around 4500rpm. Maybe it's just me?
What do you guys think??

Did BAMA send you a file for the 110mm MAF housing intake? You need to change the MAF transfer for different CAIs for 3V cars. If you are running a tune that isn't designed for the 111mm MAF, the car will run like crap as the MAF transfer is off. This will make a huge difference.

Grannycar

forum member
Reaction score
Did BAMA send you a file for the 110mm MAF housing intake? You need to change the MAF transfer for different CAIs for 3V cars. If you are running a tune that isn't designed for the 111mm MAF, the car will run like crap as the MAF transfer is off. This will make a huge difference.

I told them I had the jlt3 so I hope they did!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back