Joined the 10 second club today!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I ran 2 11.1's with some 1.67 60's and I knew if I could get a good launch I would get the 10 second slip I've been wanting.

I managed a 1.550 60' which is by far my best and clicked off a 10.946 @ 127.62! I was screaming in the car after the run since I knew I managed a 10 second run.

2010-11-20_15-28-53_666.jpg

Here's the in-car video

I don't know why the video isn't showing but here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_v6LsV0p6M

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats James, sorry I didnt make it

nice RT as well! gotta power shift that bitch!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
That's actually a bad reaction time for me. I can usually pull off .050 and down, quite often in the .020 range but I wasn't going for that on this run.

As for the power shifting, I am trying to keep my 3650 trans alive considering it's got 120k miles on it so I'm using the WOTBOX no lift shift which works quite well.

Do you think you could make it down for Black Friday? They are having an all-day test and tune from 10am to 10pm for $35 or you can do 10-4 for $25 or 4:30-10 for $15.

Shades

Reaction score
Congrats!! Big accomplishment, I can't wait for the day I can say I ran a 10 second pass

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Yup, extremely worn M&H drag radials at that. That run may have just helped me make up my mind on running drag radials next year instead of going bias-ply.

I want to send out a HUGE THANKS to Lito for getting me a tune last night for the 100 octane fuel I ran today. He has been a great help tuning my car and a pleasure to deal with.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I took the back way and didn't go past the stands and the lanes were closed so nope. I still can't believe they didnt' say anything to me after my 11.14 run when I went back on the normal return lane.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats man

"10 Second car" just sounds so good lol

Thanks! :beer:

I have to start looking into your weight savings thread now, considering my car has to be around 4000 with me in it. I can't imagine what it would run if it weighed what yours does.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
James - I'll be traveling on Black Friday so I will not be able too. Otherwise I'd be there!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope to maybe get down there in Dec. I ran mid Dec last year with Art and Ron and it was a fun day.

Shades

Reaction score
Dysan, this was a normal test and tune? And your saying they didn't say anything about you not having a cage? Damn that's good, I hope Englishtown is the same way, I have no idea after this turbo build what I could run and don't want to catch shit for having no cage.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
They were just lax yesterday and they do know me there now. On Friday they kicked someone running a C5 vette who ran a 11.41 without a bar so I consider myself lucky. I have a feeling that if I run like that on Black Friday I'll definately get booted for the rest of the year, but I'll have fun doing it!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dysan, this was a normal test and tune? And your saying they didn't say anything about you not having a cage? Damn that's good, I hope Englishtown is the same way, I have no idea after this turbo build what I could run and don't want to catch shit for having no cage.

NOT A CHANCE!

I was asked to stop running after two low 12s in a vert on a private rental at E-town on 2 different occasions.

Also, better not to talk openly about a particular tracks handling of how these situations are handled.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back