Joined the Auto 5.0 Club

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I had been thinking about doing this for a while and finally did it yesterday. I put my Shelby back to stock and traded for a 2014 base auto GT. So far I really like the car but it will take some getting used to, I still find myself trying to find the clutch when starting it lol. I haven't had time to get any decent pics but I do have a phone pic in the driveway. Hopefully I can get a few cosmetic mods put on real soon and also get some decent wheels on it.

Adding a couple Iphone pics..

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
what where your reasonings for going to a 5.0?

The Shelby was nice, but I put 6,000 miles on it in almost 3 full summers. My wife never drove it, rarely even rode in it, and my little boy never rode in it. Basically I was the only one that got any enjoyment out of the car. With an auto the wife can drive it whenever she chooses and I can mod and race it with the risk of breaking stuff greatly reduced. Now everyone is happier and I dropped a few hundred dollars off the payment lol. It's a win win in my book.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Congrats! What plans for mods do you have?

Short term are cosmetic, window tint, lowering springs, wheels, intake, exhaust, and tune. Probably in the spring I will put a Procharger on it.

You're a good man....I could never do that trade! LOL!! Congrats!

It wasn't that hard if you look at the big picture, I still have a nice and fun car. Now everyone gets to enjoy it instead of just me.

Did you sell the rts' s?

No sir, I kept everything that will work on the new car.

Tune it, the 6R80's are awesome with a good tune!

That's what I heard, it's coming soon!

Weirdest. Trade. Ever.

Explanation is below.

The Shelby was nice, but I put 6,000 miles on it in almost 3 full summers. My wife never drove it, rarely even rode in it, and my little boy never rode in it. Basically I was the only one that got any enjoyment out of the car. With an auto the wife can drive it whenever she chooses and I can mod and race it with the risk of breaking stuff greatly reduced. Now everyone is happier and I dropped a few hundred dollars off the payment lol. It's a win win in my book.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I read your explanation, I can't accept it due to Shelby awesomeness.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I read your explanation, I can't accept it due to Shelby awesomeness.
:LMAO:
It would not fit in the recessed part of the seat, I was afraid if I strapped it in tight riding on the bolsters it could stress and possibly damage the leather. This car has cloth.

That's what a towel is for. I had car seats in my 06 when the kids were small. Leather seats and all.

Enjoy the new car :beer:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
You are a better man than I...Shelby>wife/kid

J/K man. Good looking car! Hopefully your family will enjoy it more.

But dang, your Shelby was friggin' gorgeous...

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
You are a better man than I...Shelby>wife/kid

J/K man. Good looking car! Hopefully your family will enjoy it more.

But dang, your Shelby was friggin' gorgeous...

Thanks sir, I really liked the Shelby but I just never felt like I got my money's worth out of it. Hopefully with this car the whole family will get some enjoyment and I'll get to make some decent passes without the fear of breaking lol.

jumbowolfe

forum member
Reaction score
I had to buy an Auto for the same exact reason. The wife would not allow it unless she could drive it too. (she can drive a stick, she just choses not to).

Love the color! Nice ride!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back