Just ordered JLT & SCT from American Muscle

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
So I installed the intake and 93 race tune. Initially any input of throttle felt "jumpy", so it took a few minutes of driving to get used to. Mid range (3500-5000) is the most noticeable improvement. Felt like the car gained some displacement. For the first few key cycles the car would idle very low (around 400-500rpm) when pushing the clutch in and then come back up to a more normal idle speed. I'm guessing the ecu was "learning" as this hasn't happened again. Rev limit seems to be set at about 6500rpm. Pulls cleanly through to red line. The 93 race tune is definitely daily drivable after getting used to it. I'm still getting used to partial throttle acceleration as with the new found mid range the car seems to want to increase speed at a much faster rate, so I'm finding myself having to let off the throttle a bit so that it doesn't look like I'm trying to haul ass everywhere lol. I think this might also have to do with the improved throttle response, no lag at all.

I'm thinking about emailing them and asking if I could have the "two step" just for the race tune. I didn't realize it would be so hard to hold the revs when trying to launch.

Last edited:

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Congrats, glad your order got to you and that you are enjoying the intake and tune. Makes the car fun again. Very good looking car too btw, nice and sharp.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it finally arrived and from what it sounds the results were worth the wait!

What's next?

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it finally arrived and from what it sounds the results were worth the wait!

What's next?

Yeah just makes me want to do more now. Next will be cdmp, longtubes, o/r h pipe, and 4.10's. Idk what order I'll be doing those in, but that's the plan. Then later down the road will be cams.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good plan; do you have any intentions of ever going FI? I did the NA route and it was fun for a while but in the end I should have found a power adder and avoided the cost of NA parts...although with the parts you have listed they will work either FI or NA.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
Good plan; do you have any intentions of ever going FI? I did the NA route and it was fun for a while but in the end I should have found a power adder and avoided the cost of NA parts...although with the parts you have listed they will work either FI or NA.

That's why I wanted to do the longtubes and such first. I'm thinking by then I'll have a good idea if 350-360 hp will suffice (if I stay n/a and do cams) or if I'll want more. Also depends on how prices of f/i setups are affected with the new 5.0 out. If prices drop on the blower setups, that might be a more attractive option for me. Did you have cams with your n/a setup?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did all the bolt ons save heads and doing research on them they were not worth the cost; 10-15 hp vs the cost of heads and a headswap made the decision to not do the heads and go the FI route easy. There is some satisfaction in being NA but in the end it is not cost effective.

I got a ridiculous price on my blower when there were 2-3 for sale which made it easy to pull the trigger.

I had Hot Rod cams and picked up 33 hp/3 ft lbs tq when I had the LT's and catted H pipe installed..my numbers are lower being an automatic...you will have to read and decide if you want power or sound for cams and whether or not you go the NSR or SPR route..NSR's are easier/cheaper since you can swap the cams yourself, if you go springs required then it gets harder to install and more expensive.

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
I did all the bolt ons save heads and doing research on them they were not worth the cost; 10-15 hp vs the cost of heads and a headswap made the decision to not do the heads and go the FI route easy. There is some satisfaction in being NA but in the end it is not cost effective.

I got a ridiculous price on my blower when there were 2-3 for sale which made it easy to pull the trigger.

I had Hot Rod cams and picked up 33 hp/3 ft lbs tq when I had the LT's and catted H pipe installed..my numbers are lower being an automatic...you will have to read and decide if you want power or sound for cams and whether or not you go the NSR or SPR route..NSR's are easier/cheaper since you can swap the cams yourself, if you go springs required then it gets harder to install and more expensive.

I was going to go with mutha thumprs if anything. NSR and people have had pretty good results with them hp wise. If I had all the other bolt on's it would be tempting just to throw another 800 bucks for cams instead of 3k for a f/i setup. I always just rode my motorcycle if I wanted to get an adrenalin rush. I just want my car to be a fun dd and not have problems.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back