Just ordered SCT Pro Racer Package

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should be here is a few days along with their new home based training class to show you how to use it. Going to practice on my car with out the turbo and then my plan is to tune it myself when I put the turbo on.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's a good investment. You will have a better understanding of how the motor interacts with the control systems once you get going with it.

giddyup

forum member
Reaction score

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
who did you order it thru? i got some questions if you don't mind answering a few.

Ask them here, if you guys are cool with that. I would like to see the answers. I am guessing alot of us have roughly the same questions.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Pretty cool looking deal. I always wanted to invest in the PRP software but was always a little intimidated by it all. KB I would be interested to hear your review of the course once you get into it.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will definitely let everyone know how it is. I got an email saying it shipped today and should be here Wednesday....Damn computer will not be here till Thursday though..

KemahGT

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to have fun! I've had my Pro Racer for a while and have done OK. I built my own tunes with the following mods:

Auto, TCI convertor, shorties with off-road x, JLT intake, 93 octane, UDP and delete plates.

You just select value files for the various mods (delete plates, CAI, octane, etc) and load.

I compared my tunes with Bama and Brenspeed and could not tell any difference at the track. A/F was good at WOT. I have not yet started to play with timing or fuel tables. Street tuning is just about impossible in a city with 4 million. Track time at Royal Purple Raceway is pretty rare (I think most of the residents show up on Friday nights). If I only had a dyno! If you live in the boonies with lots of smooth open road you will be in hog heaven.

I will say that Brenspeed and Bama CAN tune a transmission. Their tunes do not compare to the default Pro Racer 5R55S settings. That is something that I really need to work on next.

Also, there are value files for some superchargers. You could tune a charged motor yourself to get it to the shop safely. I personaly would not run one hard with my own tune. But that's just me. Maybe I'm just not confident enough at this point in time.

I'm glad to see they are starting to offer some on-line training. I know that Greg Banish is doing some traveling classes around the country. I will be at one of his classes very soon if he shows up around here. Please let us know the details of your class experience. I may consider that as well.

Good luck!

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome! I took SCT/Calibrated Success (Greg Banish's) "Advanced Ford Tuning" class and it was worth every penny! I would highly recommend it or you will be locked out of a few options in Pro Racer. I'll be ordering mine here very soon and will be doing the same. I've been to busy with the dragster to worry about my car as of late. At any rate, after you have taken the Advanced class you get a dongle that basically makes your SCT Pro Racer like a one time use of the full Advantage III suite. Which is another advantage. I'm not 100% sure what your locked out of because I already will have the full version.

Greg teach's some pretty sweet techniques for tuning big TB's, cam's and forced induction as well.. Its $1500 well worth it. I think I came right at $2,000 out of pocket for plane tickets and the class.

P.S. - I should probably mention I was reimbursed because I was "sponsored" to go learn. But, even if I would have had to pay for it, I would have. I may actually go back again when the new class comes out for all the 2011 stuff. I'm really hoping they have a class on direct injection once they figure the Ecoboost stuff out.

Last edited:

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only thing stopping me from that is work. I work for the worlds largest oilfield service company, so when work in the US slows down I travel the world to work in other places.

Last edited:

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So first impression of the course is...Awesome and very informative. It is about 130 pages long and has pictures, descriptions of what your looking for, and better descriptions of what needs to be changed and why to change it.

I shows you how to adjust tables and what changes need to be made. I feel confident I can do this just by going through the book. I haven't even plugged the CD in yet and it should be action packed as well.

I'll post more as I see it as I'm getting my new lap top tomorrow and can fully explore it.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tuning my car next?

You already installed the supercharger.

luv2cheat

forum member
Reaction score
Any new progress? Going to order the software tomorrow. Hope I can figuire it out. Ready to get started!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any new progress? Going to order the software tomorrow. Hope I can figuire it out. Ready to get started!

The PRP is awesome but (yes there is a but) the $450 for the training class wasn't really worth it. I read through it and thought it was good but after reading through the descriptions in the PRP it really isn't needed. I did order the Greg Banish Advanced Tuning Book and LaSota Racing DVD and they offer more but none are complete. I am tuning my Lightning right now and learning alot as I go. The information I purchased was ok but really not worth it and I think you will be fine reading through the descriptions.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
The PRP is awesome but (yes there is a but) the $450 for the training class wasn't really worth it. I read through it and thought it was good but after reading through the descriptions in the PRP it really isn't needed. I did order the Greg Banish Advanced Tuning Book and LaSota Racing DVD and they offer more but none are complete. I am tuning my Lightning right now and learning alot as I go. The information I purchased was ok but really not worth it and I think you will be fine reading through the descriptions.

So, you would recommend just sticking with buying the software and studying the included materials?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, you would recommend just sticking with buying the software and studying the included materials?

Yes, I learned a lot just from reading the descriptions in the software. It helps a lot as they already have base files to build off of. So you start with a decent tune and go from there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back