just traded my 11 gt/cs for a 12 gt500 mistake or awesomeness?P

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade op, I was just at sandy springs ford yesterday.
Couldn't believe how many boss's and gt500s they had there!
Just curious but if you decided to upgrade from your gt/cs did you consider a boss? Or just straight to the gt500?

11gt/cs

Reaction score
Nice upgrade op, I was just at sandy springs ford yesterday.
Couldn't believe how many boss's and gt500s they had there!
Just curious but if you decided to upgrade from your gt/cs did you consider a boss? Or just straight to the gt500?

first of all first pump for all my ga boys!

yeah i did at some point but my 5.0 would have ran like a boss. i tuned it at dallas mustang in dallas tx. they are one of the biggest mustang places there is i used to live there and to take the drive 800 mi from ga there good enough for me to go there. anyways said all that to say he showed me dyne charts of boss's just making 5-6hp more then me. and i was revving to 7800 rpm so i didn't think it would be enough gain for me and that i would be limited to what else i can do to make power.

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
So Ford restricts the amount of boost on the GT500's until they reach 500 miles? Interesting.. No wonder the OP thinks his 5.0 could hang with it.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Performance wise? Stock for stock the GT500 is faster than the 5.0. It's not unusual to see a bone stock 2012 GT500 run 11.7-11.9 in the quarter on street tires.

It also will out handle the standard 5.0. Now start the modding and the potential is unlocked.

Do a 2.59 pulley with a tune and you're sitting around 550rwhp. Buy a new 2013 TVS OEM Supercharger for $2000 and you're at 650rwhp (you'll also need a larger cai and tb). Add a catless exhaust or headers to the mix, and drop the pulley down to a 2.5 or add a lower and you're over 700rwhp as well as injectors.

Or go to a whipple or KB and go over 750rwhp easily with some fuel mods.

Last edited:

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade man! I wish I was able to go the GT500 route but the timing was not right. Like Seer mentioned above, the power is there, you just need to tap into it (Not that it doesnt make good power now).

11gt/cs

Reaction score
i know the power is there i guess I still have 5.0 fever/hype lol awesome motor

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
i know the power is there i guess I still have 5.0 fever/hype lol awesome motor

Another thing about the GT500 is, it gets progressively more powerful with miles. Right around 2-3k miles is when it really opens up.

11gt/cs

Reaction score
thx guys i am falling deeper in love with my car. i now understand what it means when a chick says i love you but I'm not in love with you lol.

very in love with my car. i would like to get some washed waxed pics soon and post it.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Congrats on your upgrade sir! I actually called about a car they had in the same color combo a few months ago, I told them I would be traveling a pretty good distance to look at the car and already had the loan approved with no trade in and wanted to know if they were willing to negotiate on the price, they told me NO so I never made the trip LOL

Last edited:

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the upgrade man.
I live in east Cobb, so I am around sandy springs Ford a lot.

They are the top svt dealer I know of in Georgia, they have the most 13 gt500's and any other specialty mustangs honestly haha.

We ordered our 13 shelby from Ivan in march, it was the first one to come in to any Atlanta area dealer.
They let us test drive a few 12's while we were waiting on it, they are definitely more powerful than the 5.0.

Enjoy that beast man.

Sandy springs Ford also offers factory tunes by the way.. one called beast is like 640 HP, if you want moar.

11gt/cs

Reaction score
Congrats on the upgrade man.
I live in east Cobb, so I am around sandy springs Ford a lot.

They are the top svt dealer I know of in Georgia, they have the most 13 gt500's and any other specialty mustangs honestly haha.

We ordered our 13 shelby from Ivan in march, it was the first one to come in to any Atlanta area dealer.
They let us test drive a few 12's while we were waiting on it, they are definitely more powerful than the 5.0.

Enjoy that beast man.

Sandy springs Ford also offers factory tunes by the way.. one called beast is like 640 HP, if you want moar.

awesome we live in the same area. how does that 13 best run? a lot faster then the 12's you drove? any pics

my sales guy was corey forgel which was kind of a jerk from the start but i went too steve the gm and he was cool. after corey seen i was serouis he leveled out a little bit. he acted like there is no way to discount a shelby. i feel bad for the people who buy these cars thinking that. but i know the 13's there is no way to get any money off of them right now every one is too proud of them.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
your old 5.0 was really good looking, but I'm taking that gt500 all day long, awesome color combo!

11gt/cs

Reaction score
i really liked the color combo its different not that many that i have seen with white grabber blue stripes

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Great choice.... I drive buy that dealership a lot and there are always great cars there.

Not to change subject but do you ever go to thr coffee and octane over in johns creek area?

Back