Just what I think... you agree?

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Just personal opinion but going solely on the exterior, IMHO, the 2015 looks like it fits design wise between the SN95's and the '13-'14's.... Kinda like a step backwards in my opinion with those headlights that wrap around the body a bit...

f_220124455-a408f397.jpeg

2015-ford-mustang-front-view.jpg

2013-Ford-Mustang-GT-Premium-front-three-quarters.jpg

Is it just me? I think the '14 models are still my favorite...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
11-14 is what id roll in. I will find a lightly used 14 when the time is right.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Honestly, I do not see really any resemblance between the new edge SN95 and the S550, except like you said, the wrap around headlights. If I had no idea what either kind of car each one was, and you showed me a photo of each, I would not necessarliy think they were two doffferent generations of the same car at all.

However, I do see a similarity in the 2013-14 front end and that of the s550. I think they strongly resemble one another, and in my book, that's a good thing.

JMHO, and yes, I am biased, but I still think that based on looks and styling alone, the 2013-14 is the most appealing Mustang ever. Although I do like it a lot, the S550 will still have to grow on me a bit before I even consider a trade, especially the tail end of it.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I was telling somebody this just the other night at a meet. I still remember when they went from the Fox to the SN95. I've always hated it. This new body style feels a lot like that change with all the roundness to it. I hate it.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was a skeptic about the S550 at first, much as I was about the S197 when it first dropped. I had always been a fox Mustang guy. BUT... When I saw that S197 in person at the LA Auto Show and actually sat in it? Instant believer.

I got that same feeling when I saw the S550. Not as extreme because I didn't get to sit in it, but I liked it. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. For some even the 10-14 don't do it. If I had the green, I'd probably own a Pony of every generation, even the Mustang II.

The S550 does have a lot of cues from the s197's, definitely a good thing. It can't be denied that the front end on the 13-14 is the toughest looking of all though... Heavily contemplating upgrading to a 5.0...

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I was telling somebody this just the other night at a meet. I still remember when they went from the Fox to the SN95. I've always hated it. This new body style feels a lot like that change with all the roundness to it. I hate it.

Yeah I hated the SN95 when they came out. IMO they were ugly and were heavier with a little less HP initially. The switch to the 2015 doesn't give me the same vibe though. I like it. The only thing to me is the funny slope of the hood right before the headlights. Looks like a forehead sort of. The overall look is still growing on me though.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I like em all. But I love my 09 and 13 and there are a couple other rides I am interested in before setting my eyes on a S550.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
the SN95 was the first real "retro" mustang. From the double hump dash to the "scoops" and tail lights. It's one of the best looking modern mustangs there is. The New edge was just dull and mathematical comparatively in the looks department. Not to mention the 94-98 was like big booty Judy with all that rear. 98 Cobra anyone?

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I like the new one. Something fierce. I just can't justify the cost of an upgrade. Personally, I prefer the look of the 10-12 over the 13-14. Too much body color on the 13-14. I like the black trim on the 10-12 models.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
i fall in love with the S550 a little more the more i see it.

i think a comp 2016 may be in the works.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
For me it is the 10-12 that look the best, the rear of the 05-09 looks tits and the front looks nice but the 10-12 kills it. The 13-14 just looks like a crosseyed catfish when you look at it dead on.

I like em all. But I love my 09 and 13 and there are a couple other rides I am interested in before setting my eyes on a S550.
That Black ZL1 you had on Instagram was pretty sweet!
the SN95 was the first real "retro" mustang. From the double hump dash to the "scoops" and tail lights. It's one of the best looking modern mustangs there is. The New edge was just dull and mathematical comparatively in the looks department. Not to mention the 94-98 was like big booty Judy with all that rear. 98 Cobra anyone?

You have to be kidding me? The SN95 is the worst looking post fox body Mustang they made.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to be kidding me? The SN95 is the worst looking post fox body Mustang they made.

Yes it is... It was a scramble to make something up because the Probe was supposed to be the new Mustang, thank God the majority of the people called it a mutiny... In my opinion though? All SN95's are garbage. They were pretty much the same platform since 1979.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, I've always been a huge fan of the 10-12 style, despite a common disagreement that the 13-14 styling is the best. I was more than thrilled I was able to find a 2012 with such low miles last month.

To me, just my opinion, I see the 2014 more than anything in the S550. It just looks like they modernized the design that was already in place and departed from the retro thing all together. I really don't see much resemblance to the SN95. Just my .02, everyone has a different take on this 2015. Personally I like it, my gf and I have had discussions already at potentially looking at them when they come out.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Yes it is... It was a scramble to make something up because the Probe was supposed to be the new Mustang, thank God the majority of the people called it a mutiny... In my opinion though? All SN95's are garbage. They were pretty much the same platform since 1979.

The Probe was never close to replacing the Mustang, (it was an idea at one point but never concrete) that was journalist fodder. The SN95 was the perfection of the Fox chassis in factory form. Better geometry in the suspension and improved build quality. The early 4.6 was shit, but not the chassis. To say all SN95s were garbage is to write off the mustang form 79 to 2004. The SN95 is still killing in AI and is a great, modern chassis to start any build.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
For me it is the 10-12 that look the best, the rear of the 05-09 looks tits and the front looks nice but the 10-12 kills it. The 13-14 just looks like a crosseyed catfish when you look at it dead on.

That Black ZL1 you had on Instagram was pretty sweet!

Some people could argue red accent trim and production car aero make a car look silly too….not how I feel, but I mean it's all relative, just saying.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
The best looking one is the one your are driving...

Now that said... I love the 1964-1966 as my all time favorite... 2013-14 is second and the 2012's with HID's are third. The SN95's are fugly to me...

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
The Probe was never close to replacing the Mustang, (it was an idea at one point but never concrete) that was journalist fodder. The SN95 was the perfection of the Fox chassis in factory form. Better geometry in the suspension and improved build quality. The early 4.6 was shit, but not the chassis. To say all SN95s were garbage is to write off the mustang form 79 to 2004. The SN95 is still killing in AI and is a great, modern chassis to start any build.

The SN95 looks like an improved Mustang II. I can't believe you'd even say that it was perfection. To each their own I suppose.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The SN95 looks like an improved Mustang II. I can't believe you'd even say that it was perfection. To each their own I suppose.

Meaning it was the best version of the fox chassis, again, it always gets over looked for what it was, the first "retro" mustang, and the last pushrod Mustang to ever be built.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Really?

“There were people who thought Mustang was headed for the scrap heap,” said Ressler. “Sales were sluggish, and they thought that front-wheel drive modern-looking cars were the wave of the future.” After Ford signed an agreement with Mazda to build the Mazda 626 and MX-6 at a new plant just outside of Detroit, the idea was to use the front-wheel drive Mazda platform as the underpinnings for the “new Mustang.”

“When news came out that the all-American Mustang was going to be based on a Japanese car and built by a Japanese company, plus move to front-wheel drive and again go back to losing its V-8 engine, the nameplate’s legion of fans could hardly believe it,” said John Clor, author of The Mustang Dynasty. “By the time a cover story in AutoWeek magazine hit the newsstands on April 13, 1987 – questioning ‘The Next Mustang?’ – the Mustang-badged Mazda was already the target of a letter-writing campaign launched by the editors of Mustang magazines across the country.”

The public spoke out with a vengeance, and Ford listened. The front-wheel drive Mazda became the 1989 Ford Probe, and the iconic vision of the Ford Mustang lived on.

Pulled that from here: http://corporate.ford.com/vehicles/ford-mustang-story

Sure a little before 1994, but it almost did happen. Still, that SN95 platform is archaic in comparison to the S197's and now the S550. Of course it's gonna rule in AI because that platform was alive for 25 years... I'd hope the AI could figure out to make good shit in a 25 year span...

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Really?

“There were people who thought Mustang was headed for the scrap heap,” said Ressler. “Sales were sluggish, and they thought that front-wheel drive modern-looking cars were the wave of the future.” After Ford signed an agreement with Mazda to build the Mazda 626 and MX-6 at a new plant just outside of Detroit, the idea was to use the front-wheel drive Mazda platform as the underpinnings for the “new Mustang.”

“When news came out that the all-American Mustang was going to be based on a Japanese car and built by a Japanese company, plus move to front-wheel drive and again go back to losing its V-8 engine, the nameplate’s legion of fans could hardly believe it,” said John Clor, author of The Mustang Dynasty. “By the time a cover story in AutoWeek magazine hit the newsstands on April 13, 1987 – questioning ‘The Next Mustang?’ – the Mustang-badged Mazda was already the target of a letter-writing campaign launched by the editors of Mustang magazines across the country.”

The public spoke out with a vengeance, and Ford listened. The front-wheel drive Mazda became the 1989 Ford Probe, and the iconic vision of the Ford Mustang lived on.

Pulled that from here: http://corporate.ford.com/vehicles/ford-mustang-story

Sure a little before 1994, but it almost did happen. Still, that SN95 platform is archaic in comparison to the S197's and now the S550. Of course it's gonna rule in AI because that platform was alive for 25 years... I'd hope the AI could figure out to make good shit in a 25 year span...
I raced a turbo Probe for many years. I am well aware of where they came from. They began development on it in 1979. It was never designed to replace the Mustang, just a misplaced idea that never came to be. You can go on ProbeTalk.com and find my posts under the same user name, lol. ]
Of course the SN95 is archaic compared to a modern Mustang, as it should be.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back