K&N Cold Air Intake - No tune required

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it's free otherwise your better off putting that money elsewhere.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
yea... I realize... but I plan to stay on factory tune for at least 20k to 30k miles due fomoca's warranty. I have already blown up an engine with a warranty once (my '07 GT)... don't want to do that again...

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I ran one without a tune and it was fine. I bought it because I liked the way it looked. 5k later I sold it and bought a whipple

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
i wouldn't waste the money unless you just love the way it looks. it'll run fine as long as the filter oil stays off your MAF sensor.

h8imports

forum member
Reaction score
Don't get it! Waste of money like everyone else is saying. If you want a good intake with a no tune, get a Air Raid with the no tune insert or the C&L Street with the no tune insert. You can pull the insert out and get a tune later. The Air Raid or the Roush CAI has an insert in it. Pull it out and it will be a 101mm Cold air which will need a tune and with the insert in you can still run the car with no tune.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, it will run fine. I have to give a +1 to everyone else though, it's a waste of money unless it's free ... and even then it's a waste of your time. I wouldn't even mess with the drop in K&N, some people have done dyno testing and it made LESS power than the OEM paper filter.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Don't get it! Waste of money like everyone else is saying. If you want a good intake with a no tune, get a Air Raid with the no tune insert or the C&L Street with the no tune insert. You can pull the insert out and get a tune later. The Air Raid or the Roush CAI has an insert in it. Pull it out and it will be a 101mm Cold air which will need a tune and with the insert in you can still run the car with no tune.

Yes... thanks for the input. I will not even bother to give him a low ball offer.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
you will LOSE power by running a drop in vs the stocker unless you are going to tune for it.. and even then gains are minimal unless you have other mods.

Hcbr929rr2

forum member
Reaction score
you will LOSE power by running a drop in vs the stocker unless you are going to tune for it.. and even then gains are minimal unless you have other mods.

I have to disagree here, every test I have ever been able to find that has shown some kind of "power loss" when using a drop in filter they dyno the car 4-6 times back to back to back, and heat soak the thing to high heaven, I want to see the test where they try the drop in on the first half of dyno runs, then use the factory filter for the second half of the runs, I'm willing to bet my dollars the power will decrease all the same. Now I understand that would also maintain the assumption there is no power increase from a drop in filter, but I definitely can't believe there is a substantial loss of power.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I have to disagree here, every test I have ever been able to find that has shown some kind of "power loss" when using a drop in filter they dyno the car 4-6 times back to back to back, and heat soak the thing to high heaven, I want to see the test where they try the drop in on the first half of dyno runs, then use the factory filter for the second half of the runs, I'm willing to bet my dollars the power will decrease all the same. Now I understand that would also maintain the assumption there is no power increase from a drop in filter, but I definitely can't believe there is a substantial loss of power.

Enjoy this read: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ance-2012-gt-k-n-replacement-filter-test.html

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back