Keep Drifting Fun

WindyS197

Reaction score
This video was awesome. Very very well made and damn that just looks like so much fun haha.

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score
I would absolutely love to do it; but as someone who's put together a few cars over the years it's hard to watch this stuff without just seeing $$$$$ everywhere into these cars. You gotta be able to fab/weld as you aren't just getting the front suspension geometery, increased lock off the shelf; good suspension is just dumb money; need a real cage between safety and the rigidity needed....that's before you get some reliable nuts behind it.

To boot most anything that 'could' fit the bill to build from, alot of peope want (240s etc); so you start with junk or pay up. It's hard to find something like that in SOLID condition here in the NE without getting spendy. I did more rust rebuilding on my old Supra that I care to remember...

But I agree, its terrific fun throwing around a car like that. Disconcerning doing it on these crazy expensive wheel/tire combos as it's way easy to screw up...but fun.

Much rather get into it than the drag strip....still prolly cheaper than roadcourse duty

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
^ i agree with him. Something i would LOVE to do but there is alot of money that i dont have that goes into it. some of those 240's had lsx motors in them, and that alone is 6-7 grand

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
It's really not that expensive to start. I drove my car basically stock for 3 years with just suspension and a tune. Had a lot of fun loading the car up with extra tires and driving to and from events.

What gets expensive is when you want to compete. That's when you need all of the safety equipment. That's also when the car no longer becomes street friendly, so then you need a trailer, and a tow vehicle.

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score
We have some Driftdayz at Beaver Run near where I live...I'd like to get something like a miata to toss around although the wheelbase would make it a handful. Maybe an old fox or f body heh.

As someone whos been a corner diving road racer; I'm curious how well I'd transition. Mostly drifting = my old f body always/or in the rain and winter in anything I've ever owned haha

Menes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything explain drifting so perfectly before I saw this for the first time! I've had to have shown this to my friends at least 10 different times lol.

For all you saying its takes a lot of $$$$$ it really doesn't if your just looking to do if for fun. I payed for a extra set of wheels and tires and just took off my bumpers and such so the wouldn't get messed up. Overall the biggest expense for any drifter is tires, especially for higher horse powers cars. But as far as major suspension mods, cages, and steering assembly modification for mustangs there is really no need.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back