Kenne Bell 10 rib belt drive build

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
I wanted to circle back on this thread now that I have ~ 500 miles and some dyno time on the 10 rib kit. Quite frankly I was at my wits end with belts issues that arose when pushing my KB hard. The 10 rib drive has performed flawlessly thus far, exceeded expectations, and resolved ALL of my previous belt issues!

I finally reached my goal of 700+ rwhp!! This belt drive makes the car hit so hard we actually had problems with frying the tires on the dyno. No belt slip meant that I had full boost ~20psi instantly and never dropped as RPM increased. On the dyno @ 3000 rpm WOT the car made an instant 630tq. By 3500rpm the car was over 650tq before the tires let loose on the dyno! The best numbers with the tires spinning 703hp / 656tq.

I can finally drive the car without the fear of tossing a belt, denting my hood, or loosing power due to slip. If you have a KB making more than 12psi you should consider this 10 rib dedicated belt drive. A special thanks to Jason @ DOB for his support and assistance during this build! :thumb:

Last edited:

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
can this be fitted to a 2.8 mammoth ?

I confirmed with DOB that the kit has been tested to fit with the Mammoth. The 2.8 sits up higher than the 2.6. The upper bracket is slotted to compensate for the difference in height. The 2.8 kit ships with a shorter snout. Otherwise everything else in the kit is the same.

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
blownGTvert just sent this to my phone. I think he is out driving the car right now.

IMG_9546_zps4508e0e9.jpg

Absolutely sweet. Sent Jason a PM on this drive kit this morning.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Mike and I are holding you up to that Jason!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back