Kenne Bell 2.6L HD Idler Pulley

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I remove the top flat idlers on each side, so that they are not in the way. Then I alight the alternator with the crank and a/c, make sure all 3 line up.
The p/s could itself be off, so don't rely on lining up with it.

I put the laser tool on both sides of the alternator, angling down at the a/c and crank, making sure it points at the same rib locations.

If it is off just a little, that won't matter. But, if the ribs are way off, that could be your issue. Usually though, the belt will start to squeak, eventually, if the alternator is that far off.

How big around (diameter) is that 'kb idler' pulley? Are you for sure it is the right one? (sorry if you answered it, too lazy to read back over the whole thread). Seemed that mine was quite a bit narrower than the other stock idler pulleys, like 2" or less in diam.

Something is still not right if you have the right spacer.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I remove the top flat idlers on each side, so that they are not in the way. Then I alight the alternator with the crank and a/c, make sure all 3 line up.
The p/s could itself be off, so don't rely on lining up with it.

I put the laser tool on both sides of the alternator, angling down at the a/c and crank, making sure it points at the same rib locations.

If it is off just a little, that won't matter. But, if the ribs are way off, that could be your issue. Usually though, the belt will start to squeak, eventually, if the alternator is that far off.

How big around (diameter) is that 'kb idler' pulley? Are you for sure it is the right one? (sorry if you answered it, too lazy to read back over the whole thread). Seemed that mine was quite a bit narrower than the other stock idler pulleys, like 2" or less in diam.

Something is still not right if you have the right spacer.

It is supposed to be the stock idler pulley that comes with their kit. They told me that that HD idler is used in both the 6 rib and 8 rib setups with the same spacer. The guys at Kenne Bell have no clue as to why mine doesn't line up. The have asked about multiple things and none of what they have thought of has been wrong. I spoke with one of our mechanical guys at work and we have a tool that is used just for aligning pulleys. Once it gets nice I will try to make sure everything is square. I told the guy I w as talking to at kenne bell that I was probably going to babe to machine that spacer down so it would fit better, and he had no objections.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back