Kenne Bell 4.2LC

nitrod86gt

forum member
Reaction score
So has anyone scanned Kenne Bell lately and seen this monster blower listed available for the GT500????? Could you imagine this thing on a GT with a forged motor? Good lord. I had heard of the 3.6 but a 4.2!!!!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So has anyone scanned Kenne Bell lately and seen this monster blower listed available for the GT500????? Could you imagine this thing on a GT with a forged motor? Good lord. I had heard of the 3.6 but a 4.2!!!!

4.2L? That's a big bitch! And they called my 2.6L a "Big Bore", LOL!

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
I dont think there would be a huge advantage until 20+ psi. what do you guys think? Seems like lately the only way they are able to make more power with these twin screws is better efficiency not displacement.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That blower won't do squat on a 4.6 IMO.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a smartass here Mark... but why not? Just simply too large?

In a nutshell, yes. Not enough cubic inches to utilize it's potential. Personally, I think it's too big for even a 5.4

This is the reason the 2.8 KB consistently outperforms the whipple 3.4 on both the 4.6 and 5.4 based motors. a 400"+ motor - now we are talking.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
In a nutshell, yes. Not enough cubic inches to utilize it's potential. Personally, I think it's too big for even a 5.4

This is the reason the 2.8 KB consistently outperforms the whipple 3.4 on both the 4.6 and 5.4 based motors. a 400"+ motor - now we are talking.

So in other words, just like a single, or a set of turbos... sizing is everything.

I know you are starting to go way over my head here... but I want you to... great learning material here.

LBSRACING

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it sounds kool but wipple has a 4.0 and they have an article on their website were they said it didn't make anymore HP than their 3.4 on a GT500. I would love to see a 400+ci mod motor :).

J

Jordan@JPC

+1

Just like turbos, a supercharger's efficiency is dependent upon the pressure ratio (boost) and how much air you're flowing. Every blower has a "sweet spot" where they're most efficient, and some companies will even publish charts indicating under which conditions their superchargers are most efficient. Eaton does this for their TVS blowers for instance. I attached one of their maps to this post so you can see what they look like.

So putting a huge blower on a small engine may not make great power because you're operating out of the blower's peak efficiency range. You can see in the chart very high pressure ratios and low flow, or high flow and very low pressure ratios aren't great for blower efficiency. And for peak efficiency the TVS 1900 wants to flow about 900 cubic meters of air per hour, at a 1.6 pressure ratio, or about 8.5psi. If we had an efficiency chart for the KB 4.2L blowers we could calculate at exactly what pressure and flow the blower would be happiest, which would make sizing a bit less of a guessing game.

Like the others have said, this is probably a better solution for really large engines. With that said, I can't wait to see some power numbers from that 4.2!

Attachments

• tvs.jpg
    tvs.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 21

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
That makes alot of sense...even the 3.4whipple looks huge on the GT500s, I read an article with the 3.6KB and it swolled the whole top half of that motor up. Just looked all blower, and the power #s werent that impressive compared to the other blowers.

nitrod86gt

forum member
Reaction score
That makes alot of sense...even the 3.4whipple looks huge on the GT500s, I read an article with the 3.6KB and it swolled the whole top half of that motor up. Just looked all blower, and the power #s werent that impressive compared to the other blowers.

So an 1100hp GT500 motor isn't impressive? I know this combo was optimized with a little higher compression and all but I just think that a high 900RWHP GT500 would be pretty damn impressive out of 5.4liters. I mean hell, it made 989hp on 13lbs so it seems like the 25lb run is a little soggy!!
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...kenne_bell_twin_screw_supercharger/index.html

Oh and that was just the 3.6LC

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
agreed.. if you look at the graph it will explain all

Thread-Crap-Graph.jpg

Back