Kirkey Seats

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Been kicking the idea around of installing a Kirkey seat with Corbeau double locking sliders.

I have been thinking of just putting the driver side in, but am thinking it might look strange.

Would it be better to put a pair in?

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Pair them up imo. But I know someone that took the kirkey's out and replaced them with the spearco sprint seats. He said it was much more comfortable and they FIA certified. I have not sat in them. But has to be vs padded covers on aluminum. I also think that's the seats I'll be using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pair them up imo. But I know someone that took the kirkey's out and replaced them with the spearco sprint seats. He said it was much more comfortable and they FIA certified. I have not sat in them. But has to be vs padded covers on aluminum. I also think that's the seats I'll be using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been a little worried about the comfort aspect, but reading feedback from guys, that does not seem to be a big issue. The true street guy in AZ drove to FL and back with a Kirkey seat and he is older than me!

The vinyl covers look better that the fabric. Hmmmm

1306-2006-ford-mustang-interior-view-kirkey-race-seat_zpslzii2y4i.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
If it's just for racing and local shows then I would go with what you like. A second seat is nice if you want to take someone for a ride.

stpete

Reaction score
Wouldn't catch me driving anywhere but the track in a set of those. I have one in my race car. Back before I towed it, I would take the seat with me and swap it out when I got to the track. It was reasonable on the street (with race suspension) for about 25 minutes. By an hour in, it suuuuuucked.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked up a tip over on YB for the series 47 seat. Has a bit more padding. A lot of guys over there say no issues even with the regular pro seat drag seat. Food for thought.

Picture9_zpsjh6vadqp.png

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back