Koni str.t vs. Frpp

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
NEED HELP....Anybody tell me which is better?? the FRPP is the m-18000-a set. Which ones are better for lowered among other susp. mods and DD car?? Looking for Quality and mileage and of course performance. Thanks if anybody knows anything about these.

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
No experience with the frpp, but I love my Koni's. Mine is a daily driver and I have no problems/issues to speak of. I'm running them with Steeda sport springs. Ride is great, and the roads around here are, let's just say, less than perfect. Hope that helps:thumb:

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Koni str.t's with Streeda sports here as well. Ride is a bit firmer than stock but nowhere near uncomfortable. Handling is much improved and I don't regret getting them. They come with a lifetime warranty to the original buyer so that is a plus.

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
Koni str.t's here too with bmr springs and the ride is great. it is a bit more stiff compared to stock but its nothing too crazy.

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Koni's sounding good. Just need for some people to feedback on the FRPP too. Does anybody even run the FRPP M-18000-A. Sure there is plenty and with K's + GT500 mounts on the coyote.
I know some things are different on prem. Brembo package susp. wise VS. the base model.Anybody know the exacts on that? Thanks fellows.Need the feedback.

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
I ran the FRPP "P" Springs with Koni STR.Ts for approximately 15,000 miles. I just recently switched to Steeda Sport Springs and Koni Sports. The ride is slightly less harsh....not significantly less, but you can tell a small difference.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised you haven't been told to search. There is a ton of info here on them.

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
This^^ you can read about both for hours on here just from searching the two names.
Man I have been reading for days.LOL. A very large amount of the threads, are old threads, like 2010 and 11 and so much more has been learned from trial and error and what not. Still not sure of the true differences in prem. brembo packages over the base gt. I hope somebody who has lowered a 2012gt prem. brembo car correctly will chime in.I think throwing springs in there and it feeling fine is not the case in 20,000 miles.Just looking hard facts.Whats needed to do it right the first time.

Last edited:

Tungsten06

forum member
Reaction score
Another vote for Koni. I have them with the Vogtland standard lowering springs and am pleased with the ride. People always comment on how surprised they are that it rides as well as it does. But, it will still beat you to death on a really bad road. FWIW I've been told the FRPP ones are a bit harsh on the street.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
FRPP dampers and springs are really rough IMO.

Koni STR.T with sportlines. Rides 100 times better than stock + K springs.

I had the Steeda Sports and swapped them out for the Sportlines on the STR.T's

I kind of regret it as since it is such a soft spring on a soft shock the car bounces a little too much for me now.

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
I have eibach pro kit, and will be getting koni str.t's soon.. heard they are a good bang for my buck!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back