Lap Times? (BWRP, MRLS, CMP)

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Yeah, forget the LS, that's gonna be way out of normal 'stanger's price ranges probably. But the engine is identical between the two cars...so if you get a "Base" BOSS302, you get all the hardcore engine bits.

Of course the "easy" alternative is to just go out and buy a used C6 Z06 and walk all over Mustangs, but that's not an option if you want to race AI :eek:

When you thinking about going "all the way" with your car?

I think that even the "base" BOSS will be north of what I'm willing to spend on a theoretically disposable car... And yes, I hear you about the 'vette, but dude, I BLEED Dearborn Blue. I've had a '68, an '88, and now the '06. The AI/CMC program just looks like too much fun, and the racing is actually very close, so I would call that the base class, but honestly I'm really wanting to jump into the enduro series, not necessarily the sprints. To do that, though, the car has to class in one of the sprint groups, so... Enduro on Friday, TT or race on sat/sun.

As for timing, I'm really in no rush to rip the car apart, but I'm kind of eyeing this winter. I know enough car builders where getting the car caged will not be a problem, and I can do the rest essentially by myself (with a little help from a few friends, of course!). I just have to see where I am towards the end of the year, financially and employment-wise.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I think that even the "base" BOSS will be north of what I'm willing to spend on a theoretically disposable car... And yes, I hear you about the 'vette, but dude, I BLEED Dearborn Blue. I've had a '68, an '88, and now the '06. The AI/CMC program just looks like too much fun, and the racing is actually very close, so I would call that the base class, but honestly I'm really wanting to jump into the enduro series, not necessarily the sprints. To do that, though, the car has to class in one of the sprint groups, so... Enduro on Friday, TT or race on sat/sun.

As for timing, I'm really in no rush to rip the car apart, but I'm kind of eyeing this winter. I know enough car builders where getting the car caged will not be a problem, and I can do the rest essentially by myself (with a little help from a few friends, of course!). I just have to see where I am towards the end of the year, financially and employment-wise.

Be sure to document your build so we can all enjoy it! (And help tide the rest of us over until it's our own time to go full-bore) I've already ripped apart one S197 and built it, so doing my own should be a snap...whenever the hell that happens.

Side note:
That Rehagen pre-fab cage looks pretty solid if you've got the cash, just gotta find a local welder. Plus you know it's safe!

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
Been here for a bit. Could you imagine the response I'd get at SMC discussing lap times? It'd be nauseating.
Since your in my neck of the woods
Shelby clubs having a big event at Infineon end of the Month

HOD/Shelby club/BMW club is having a unlimited sound weekend at Seca middle of Sept also

In Nor Cal, Infineon seems to be the track most people favor for many reason

Grip

Fast Addict
Reaction score
Since your in my neck of the woods
Shelby clubs having a big event at Infineon end of the Month

HOD/Shelby club/BMW club is having a unlimited sound weekend at Seca middle of Sept also

In Nor Cal, Infineon seems to be the track most people favor for many reason

Interesting...not so sure I've financially recovered from my recent Buttonwillow trip...but one only lives once, as far as I know. You plan on going?

On that note...there totally don't seem to be Mustang clubs in this area. What gives?

Arizona GT - I've started doing the YouTube thing but it's hard to find an unhindered lap in something comparable to my car. That and I kinda wonder...according to one YouTube video, I beat a 2000 Cobra R around Laguna Seca by a whole second. Either way, as I'm basically stock, I'm totally not modded enough to compare to an FR500 or AI car. Otherwise I'd keep chasing the 2:02 and 2:03s posted by my buddies Paul and Allan in BDX Mustangs lol.

At 2:14.616 I've got a long way to go. Allan swears Buttonwillow is a track that doesn't favor our cars, but it just feels like it flows well enough for me, and I haven't had a problem keeping up with the more expensive stuff. Having said that...if I read about one more guy in a Mazdaspeed 3 posting a 2:02 I'm gonna puke.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back