Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Damn, 3/4" wider, I don't think they will fit on my car. :-(

Yeah man can't wait to see some more times. Good luck.

They fit...ask me how I know how. Lol.

They fit! I do want to widen my wheels now though to take full advantage of them on the street with a 11.5" wheel.

I went to the track yesterday and was only able to make one pass due to my alt. going out. Didnt want to chance anything without full voltage.

I was able to get a 1.62 60ft though and then spun in second and got pretty sideways then back in the gas and then went ever so slightly passed the 130mph on the speedo by the traps. I wanted to watch the rpm but the car was pulling so hard it drew my eyes to the speedo. Car is a beast! I wish they were running a 1/4 and not the 1/8 mile so I could have seen the exact speed on the slip. Due to the spin my 1/8 was a 7.13 at 98 mph though. The car has that WOW feeling off the line again. I replaced the alt last night with a warranty replacement from Pep Boys so I could drive the car today and will contact Jerrod at LMR tomorrow for a PA 200a and be done with this alt. mess.

Last edited:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Subbed for a badass car that will go 9's. Keep up The good work. One I my favorite cars on the site. I'm sure the new dr's will greatly help.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Subbed for a badass car that will go 9's. Keep up The good work. One I my favorite cars on the site. I'm sure the new dr's will greatly help.

I think 9s will be easy now! Here are some slips from today on the street tune. Full street weight with 20" wheels and the 12" sub in the trunk and all. Just as I will drive it to lunch tomorrow. LOL

I am also going to go weigh the car tomorrow.

Note to self: dr 18psi, D-spec front 2 out rear 6 out.

Pass 1
photobucket-4367-1351369092989.jpg

Pass 2

photobucket-1060-1351371997604.jpg

Final for the day.

photobucket-7461-1351379336838.jpg

Last edited:

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I think 9s will be easy now! Here are some slips from today on the street tune. Full street weight with 20" wheels and the 12" sub in the trunk and all. Just as I will drive it to lunch tomorrow. LOL

I am also going to go weigh the car tomorrow.

Pass 1
photobucket-4367-1351369092989.jpg

Pass 2

photobucket-1060-1351371997604.jpg

Final for the day.

photobucket-7461-1351379336838.jpg

Congrats Billie it's starting to come around nicely. My only question is what happened to your mph? I would have expected to see around 132-133 with the car running in the 10.3's. I am thinking about going to an 1/8 mile track tomorrow night to see if I can get it to run in 6.4-6-5 range, if so I am fairly confident it will run in the 9's at NMRA in 2 weeks.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Congrats Billie it's starting to come around nicely. My only question is what happened to your mph? I would have expected to see around 132-133 with the car running in the 10.3's. I am thinking about going to an 1/8 mile track tomorrow night to see if I can get it to run in 6.4-6-5 range, if so I am fairly confident it will run in the 9's at NMRA in 2 weeks.

It is getting better with each pass as the times are as well. The 60 ft still has some left in it. The converter will let me leave a little higher and that showed as the runs went, I started revving higher at the line. The MPH hit 127 today with the fastest time I have ever run on a slip so, I will take it. I think the new DRs can handle some more air as well. They where at 18 psi today and there was no sign of spin. 127 mph at 10.34 with a best 60 ft of 1.53, which are all a personal best, I'm not going to bitch about it! I did hit 135 mph today, to bad it was far after the line. LOL

You have to remember that the car is still on 20s, with full street trim and 3/4 of tank of pump gas on these runs. The final pass was more like 5/8 of a tank but, you get the idea.

I REALLY want to run the race tune on the same setup with race fuel next weekend to hit my 9.9x on 20s goal!

After that I can get more serious about the track times and start doing some racing.

Last edited:

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
It is getting better with each pass as the times are as well. The 60 ft still has some left in it. The converter will let me leave a little higher and that showed as the runs went, I started revving higher at the line. The MPH hit 127 today with the fastest time I have ever run on a slip so, I will take it. I think the new DRs can handle some more air as well. They where at 18 psi today and there was no sign of spin. 127 mph at 10.34 with a best 60 ft of 1.53, which are all a personal best, I'm not going to bitch about it! I did hit 135 mph today, to bad it was far after the line. LOL

You have to remember that the car is still on 20s, with full street trim and 3/4 of tank of pump gas on these runs. The final pass was more like 5/8 of a tank but, you get the idea.

I REALLY want to run the race tune on the same setup with race fuel next weekend to hit my 9.9x on 20s goal!

After that I can get more serious about the track times and start doing some racing.

Yea I having checking your thread and have been happy to see the times improving. I am with you on reaching your goal on the 20's, I have been thinking of buying a set of a set of DR's for my 19's but they are a little more money than I want to spend. I think the 305/35/19's are around $375 each while the 295/45/17's I run on my Drag Stars are only $225 each. In any case good luck I'm sure you'll see 9's soon enough.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yea I having checking your thread and have been happy to see the times improving. I am with you on reaching your goal on the 20's, I have been thinking of buying a set of a set of DR's for my 19's but they are a little more money than I want to spend. I think the 305/35/19's are around $375 each while the 295/45/17's I run on my Drag Stars are only $225 each. In any case good luck I'm sure you'll see 9's soon enough.

I cant wait for the spring to come for the all out passes on the race tune plus the 50 shot with the bigs and littles!

Still more to learn for now though.

See ya soon.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Some nice times & pretty consistant. You have it running well. Congrats.

Thanks, I cant be happier with the new 4:10 gear. I would assume that along with the non lockup converter is the reason the mph is not higher but, fast is fast.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I knew I should have went to the track yesterday.

You going to be up there Sunday for Tnt?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here is the weight of the car with 3/4 tank of fuel as it ran yesterday. This is without driver and I am an even 200 lb. Man what a pig!

IMG.jpg

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
you still monitoring the methanol and intake temp differences? I think i will be buying a kit here in the next couple of weeks for next spring.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
you still monitoring the methanol and intake temp differences? I think i will be buying a kit here in the next couple of weeks for next spring.

Yes, on these passes the temp rose like 10 deg.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back