Led Headlights: My Experience

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
that was the reason for this one, FX-R 3.0 3" lens, the smaller projector's just dont seem to fit right, but a 3" lens and the big shroud around it looked a lot better

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I agree. Im not a fan of retrofits in our headlights when the projector is too small so you can see the reflector bowl still but yours looks good. And the reflector being painted black helps a lot.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
heres from the car get together saturday, much better with the bumper cover on the car :p

Yeah painting the reflector bowl black was a 100% thing to do, debated painting the shroud too but left it and not bad looking if i say so myself
sufAc2w.jpg

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Hah, it was filthy in this picture. :p

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Sitting in garage a few weeks since washing. Dusty, bugs on window and front bumper :p

But I love this color because it hides dirt so we'll, as shown here

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Its t8 isnt it? Mine too so I know what you mean. Ill get compliments all the time. It always shocks people when I tell them its my daily and almost never gets washed lol.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
heres from the car get together saturday, much better with the bumper cover on the car :p

Yeah painting the reflector bowl black was a 100% thing to do, debated painting the shroud too but left it and not bad looking if i say so myself
sufAc2w.jpg

Can you post up some closer shots. That looks pretty damn good!

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
For all interested Im going to be reviewing a set of led fog light bulbs with my 02 gt when they arrive too. Im still waiting on another style of headlight leds to come in for my 07 gt but China is far lol. Im interested in how this will turn out. Stay tuned my peeps.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Alright so my h13 leds came in today. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well they were packaged. They look to be good quality so far. Anyway down to business.

So my thought process was that since this design does not have a shield and is two sided, as opposed to the leds I was running that are 3 sided, so they may have some glare but I figured they would have a little better beam pattern with this design.

After installing I realized the led was seperate from the locking ring allowing the led to be oriented in any direction. I initially oriented them vertically so there was one led on the right side and another on the left. This led to horrible glare and a terrible cutoff. So I moved them horizontally so there was one led pointed up and one pointed down. This yeilded better results with a nice cutoff but left a little bit of a hot spot but its hardly noticeable.

I took it out for a spin and noticed 2 things compared to the pair I have been running since the op; the light output isnt a great and the high beams arent much better than the low beams. I dont use my high beams so its not a big deal but it would be nice to have them lol. The light cutoff is sharper and there is a lot less scatter with this design but either they dont put out the same amount of light as the other design I tested or they cast light lower. With that said, these are more forgiving to oncoming drivers but they dont light up the road as well. Im going to put the other set back in and take pics from the drivers seat to compare to these.

For anyone that wants a step above stock headlights without being obnoxious or wants to use leds with projector headlight I would recommend these. If you want more light output and want to risk blinding oncoming drivers then get the first set of leds I reviewed. With that said, I have been running the first set I reviewed since then and have yet to be flashed but I can tell there is more light scatter than halogens so theyre probably borderline annoying to oncoming traffic. And as always pics will be uploaded below.

Thanks for reading, if you guys have any recommendations or comments please dont hesitate to post here!

Attachments

• IMG_5206.jpg
    IMG_5206.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5208.jpg
    IMG_5208.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5209.jpg
    IMG_5209.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5210.jpg
    IMG_5210.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5211.jpg
    IMG_5211.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 6

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
After 16 months, I have a high beam that went out. "Life time warranty" so I submitted a claim.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back