Lets discuss members selling their Mustangs guys ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys as always for your comments on selling a Mustang.

There is a lot of very helpful information already on this thread.
And as time passes maybe some others that have gone through the process will chime in.

Terry

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
cars= money pits- I have 60+k in my 14' which just has 11k on the odometer(bought new A-plan+ rebates for around 32 ish with tax, I know realistically I could only get 24-26k for mine.( and a 14' still has conventional loan value) As nice as the Tiger machine is with all of its attention to detail and truly custom stuff - It is a 10 year 3v(built and blown) modified mustang- I think you will be hard presses to get above 30k for it as sickening as it is. Maybe slightly more to the person that has a hankeren for the bullet stang. Again it is truly a gorgeous car but the market wont bare it.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cars= money pits- I have 60+k in my 14' which just has 11k on the odometer(bought new A-plan+ rebates for around 32 ish with tax, I know realistically I could only get 24-26k for mine.( and a 14' still has conventional loan value) As nice as the Tiger machine is with all of its attention to detail and truly custom stuff - It is a 10 year 3v(built and blown) modified mustang- I think you will be hard presses to get above 30k for it as sickening as it is. Maybe slightly more to the person that has a hankeren for the bullet stang. Again it is truly a gorgeous car but the market wont bare it.
Bryan,

I don't know what it will be priced at once I make the decision to actually sale it.
But one thing for sure a car like mine is only going to get the serious monies from the right exposure where the guys are with the big bucks and like having man toys that no one else has.
And with the Bullitt Mustang of mine there is definitely not another one that any of us are aware of like it.
So we shall see what takes place.

T.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,

I sell mine while they have decent value and move on to the next project.

If I were in your shoes, I'd only sell it if I was in a financial need or if I was looking for a new project. However at this point, I can't imagine that you'd be able to get anything close to what it would take for me to part with that beauty!

That said, I did just sell my 2015 Mustang and picked up a 2017 Charger Hellcat.

Since we started this place, I've owned an 05, 07, 11, 15 Mustang, 12 F150, 08 CSRT, 15 Focus ST, and now the Hellcat.

I move on quickly.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,

If I were in your shoes, I'd only sell it if I was in a financial need or if I was looking for a new project. However at this point, I can't imagine that you'd be able to get anything close to what it would take for me to part with that beauty!

That said, I did just sell my 2015 Mustang and picked up a 2017 Charger Hellcat.

Since we started this place, I've owned an 05, 07, 11, 15 Mustang, 12 F150, 08 CSRT, 15 Focus ST, and now the Hellcat.

I move on quickly.

Which has been your favorite?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

Unfortunately, Terry, I have to agree with this statement ^^^

Bryan,

I don't know what it will be priced at once I make the decision to actually sale it.
But one thing for sure a car like mine is only going to get the serious monies from the right exposure where the guys are with the big bucks and like having man toys that no one else has.
And with the Bullitt Mustang of mine there is definitely not another one that any of us are aware of like it.
So we shall see what takes place.

T.

Terry, if I were in your shoes, I'd keep the Bullitt. If you want something else, just buy it, but don't sell the Bullitt. You're gonna lose your butt on it. Just MHO.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,

I move on quickly.
Nick, seriously congrats on that New Charger Hellcat !!!
If the decision is made to sale the Bullitt it will not be to replace it with something faster.
Or even as unique as the Bullitt is the way it sets completed.
It will simply be a New change of Machines after 10-years of ownership.

Unfortunately, Terry, I have to agree with this statement ^^^

Terry, if I were in your shoes, I'd keep the Bullitt. If you want something else, just buy it, but don't sell the Bullitt. You're gonna lose your butt on it. Just MHO.
If I had the storage space as in a three car garage I might very well do that.
But I don't I have a two car garage so the Bullitt might have to go.

I know ..............

T.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Terry, have you ever thought about a Mecum auction? You might be able to get more money back out of it than if you just sold it privately. I dunno, just a thought. But it might be worth checking into.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
^Beware of the fees. The fees are ridiculous.

...but... you can easily grasp someone who had one few too many and pays a premium.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
An eBay auction might get you better than a private sale. Car is well known enough "within the circle". Everyone on a Mustang site you are part of knows it's got the best of everything professionally installed.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, have you ever thought about a Mecum auction? You might be able to get more money back out of it than if you just sold it privately. I dunno, just a thought. But it might be worth checking into.

^Beware of the fees. The fees are ridiculous.

...but... you can easily grasp someone who had one few too many and pays a premium.

An eBay auction might get you better than a private sale. Car is well known enough "within the circle". Everyone on a Mustang site you are part of knows it's got the best of everything professionally installed.

Terry, I'd buy extra storage to keep the Bullitt.

Thanks guys for your thoughts/suggestions

Oh, for some reason I am not receiving the instant E-Mail Notifications again.
icon8.gif

Not any have come through so thought that seemed odd so jumped on here to see what's up.
Just now saw your posts ..........

Thanks again,
Terry

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Agree with the others. Unless you find an idiot with more money than common sense you'll struggle to sell a heavily built street car like yours for more than a few grand over KBB.

I'd be blown away if you got anywhere near 30k for it. I think the quick sale number for your car is like $24,000 because the banks aren't going to be able to finance the full number of it so you're going to need someone with some cash, desire, and who's not afraid of the potential problems with buying someone's pre-built race car.

There's a reason I still have almost all the stock parts for my Shelby in boxes in my garage. Believe that when the time comes to sell it I will list it for a high price just to see if I can find an idiot. If it doesn't sell then I'm stripping it and turning it back to stock and then selling it and selling the parts separate.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I've sold several modded vehicles for whatever I could get for them, it just sort of an (inevitable fact). Just count the money you believe you're losing towards the fun you've had building, and driving that fine car! Otherwise you'll be stressing on how to get every dime possible for possibly a matter of months, and what's that worth?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Just count the money you believe you're losing towards the fun you've had building, and driving that fine car! Otherwise you'll be stressing on how to get every dime possible for possibly a matter of months, and what's that worth?

Exactly. I'm not the type to spend thousands on lavish vacations because it's like spending money on fireworks. Poof and it's gone! With modding my Mustang, I enjoyed it every time I drove it for years unlike with a vacation where thousands are gone in a week! Luckily my wife doesn't care about expensive vacations either. We are perfectly happy with a 3 or 4 day trip to the beach.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
If I buy a Mustang I would like for it to be as stock as possible. I just bought a 192K mile 2011 Premium Mustang and there was not one aftermarket part on it.

When I see a modded Mustang the first thought thru my head is it probably has been dogged.

When I see a modded one for sale the first thought going thru my head is what is going bad with it and why is the seller wanting to sell it ? Does he/she know the engine and/or trans is going bad ?

The market is saturated right now with Mustang GTs.

Prices on the 3valves are dropping and now with the 2018's coming out, I expect the 11-14's to take a dip as well. Not as much as 3valves tho.

It's the natural progression...moving up the Mustang ladder.

On the other side, I know I will never get at least .50 cents on the dollar for my cars if I tried to sell.
So that is why I currently have 12 vehicles...lol

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
If I buy a Mustang I would like for it to be as stock as possible.

When I see a modded Mustang the first thought thru my head is it has been dogged.

When I see a modded one for sale the first thought going thru my head is what is going bad with it and why is the seller wanting to sell it ? Does he/she know the engine and/or trans is going bad ?

The market is saturated right now with Mustang GTs.

Prices on the 3valves are dropping and now with the 2018's coming out, I expect the 11-14's to take a dip as well. Not as much as 3valves tho.

It's the natural progression...moving up the Mustang ladder
The modded cars I've sold over the years have all been in very good mechanical shape, it's the technology that makes me take the hit and move on. For example, a person could get into a nice 3V mustang for pretty cheap I'm guessing, but how much would it cost to allow the 3V to keep up with a nicely modded bolt on Coyote?

I absolutely loved my Old 03 Lightning, but for it to run the same times I was getting out of my Current Coyote Mustang before adding boost to the Mustang, I needed to pulley the living crap out of it, and have at least a 125 shot of nitrous on top of the boost, so the next step was to upgrade the motor to handle quite alot more boost along with a bigger blower, and now we're talking 10K minimum, on a truck that might bring 11 on a very good day, and now that the Coyote's boosted, the Lightning still probably wouldn't stand a chance after spending the 10K.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, if lack of space is you main reason for wanting to sell the Bullitt, I'd either buy extra storage/garage space or there's always the option of renting as there's always people looking to rent out their extra garage space for extra cash..

Anyhow, just a thought you may want to consider :shrug:

-Rocky

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
The modded cars I've sold over the years have all been in very good mechanical shape, it's the technology that makes me take the hit and move on. For example, a person could get into a nice 3V mustang for pretty cheap I'm guessing, but how much would it cost to allow the 3V to keep up with a nicely modded bolt on Coyote?

I absolutely loved my Old 03 Lightning, but for it to run the same times I was getting out of my Current Coyote Mustang before adding boost to the Mustang, I needed to pulley the living crap out of it, and have at least a 125 shot of nitrous on top of the boost, so the next step was to upgrade the motor to handle quite alot more boost along with a bigger blower, and now we're talking 10K minimum, on a truck that might bring 11 on a very good day, and now that the Coyote's boosted, the Lightning still probably wouldn't stand a chance after spending the 10K.

What blows my mind is the rapid pace at which the factory engines are increasing power. ( as well as quality and dependability) That's great for us gear heads that can only afford to buy used.

I recently sold my 1995 Gt 5spd for $ 4k.
I paid 4,500 for it in 2008 and had very little more than that in the car.

My 2005 GT I got for 4,500 and I recently got a nice 2011 Mustang premium for $ 6,600.

It's getting easier for gear heads to find deals on 300 plus horsepower Mustangs.

Not so good for the sellers...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back